PDA

View Full Version : Förvisade finländare i Sibirien

Gita Wiklund
16-10-03, 20:03
Hej,

På genealogiska samfundets hemsida har man lagt in personförteckning över förvisade finländare i Sibirien under autonomin. Är det någon som kan upplysa mig om vad detta handlar om? - Jag förstår inte finska och har inte hört talas om dessa förvisningar tidigare.

Hälsningar Gita

Gunnar Damström
16-10-03, 22:50
Under autonomin kunde personer vid finska domstolar dömas för vanliga brott till förvisning till Sibirien på betämd tid eller för evigt. Inte ovanligt att personer dömda till döden för mord benådades och förvisades till Sibirien. Lösdrivare och lösdriverskor kunde dömas till spinnhuset- som tydligen inte var nån angenäm inrättning för i talrika fall bad den dömde om att istället få frivilligt "emigrera" till Sibirien vilket alternativ vanligtvis av Kejsaren beviljades.
Gunnar

Gita Wiklund
16-10-03, 23:06
Tack för ditt svar!

Gita

June Pelo
17-10-03, 02:28
One of my relatives, Petrus Pelander, was a pastor in Viborg in the early 1700s. When Viborg was captured by the Russians in 1710, Petrus was taken prisoner and banished to Siberia. His wife followed him and their 5 children were born there. She was Charlotta Elisabet Hammarman, the first known "lotta". The family was released from Siberia in 1723 and moved to Lappajärvi where he was the pastor. They had no possessions and were stone-broke. The congregation had to supply them with food and necessities to survive. Life in Siberia was hard on Petrus and he died 14 months after his release.

June

Gita Wiklund
17-10-03, 20:49
Interesting story June! How do you know all of this?

Gita

June Pelo
17-10-03, 21:16
Gita,

A relative living in Peloby, Nedervetil wrote an article about Petrus Pelander for Österbottningen newspaper and sent me a copy of the article. I have a couple relatives who send me articles about my ancestors, otherwise I wouldn't know much about them..

June

enges
17-10-03, 21:33
I guess that you get data from distant relatives. My main problem is that it may be almost impossible to get something from my relatives. I have tried to get the birthdates of my uncles children for a couple of years. If you live too close, you're not exciting. My wife tried - in vain - to get data from a close cousin. At last we got all relevant data from a Englishman (a Finlander member indeed).

It seems to be much more easy to get all data you want if you live somewhere distant. I have sometimes thought about getting an American "alias", that I'll use when I want to get some information...

/anders

Gita Wiklund
17-10-03, 21:44
Thats a nice way to receive knowledge June!
I have received knowledge about my ggfather (what was going on in his mind) through articles he wrote and books he wrote as well. He was never recognized as an author, but it´s interesting to read anyway. He was very preoccupied with the politic matters of his time. Like for instance the language question. He wrote a book with verses about P E Svinhufvud for instance. These books he wrote has led me to read more about finnish history, I had to in order to understand his writing. I love him for leaving this for me to discover! I moved away from Finland when I was 6 years old, and of course I always felt an urge to learn more about my roots. Most of what I know I have found over the internet. I could never have imagined I´d find so much this way, many times just using google!

June Pelo
17-10-03, 22:50
Gita,

Isn't Google wonderful! How did we live without it? Sometimes I put a topic in and read all I can about it - an easy way to be educated.

Anders,

I know what you mean about some relatives who won't share data. I guess I'm lucky to have several relatives in Finland who have a lot of genealogy data they've gathered for many years and I can feel free about asking them for help.

BTW, I'm glad to see your name Anders. It was a prominent name in my family: my brother, my father, his father, etc. were all named Anders. And my father pronounced it the correct way - not as it is pronounced by most people in the US with a broad A. Recently I met several people who plan to name their new child Anders if he's a boy. I'm glad to know that some people are not following the trend to use names of movie or TV stars.

June