PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction (finally!)

susanhaven
18-10-03, 00:47
My Self-Introduction - Susan Haven

I知 Susan (Rose) Haven and this introduction is long overdue. Currently, I live in Sparks, Nevada but I was born in Oakland, California and lived in the San Francisco Bay Area until two years ago. I have a BS in Business Administration/Accounting and am semi-retired, working part of the year as a self-employed income tax accountant/consultant. I知 married with two grown children and three grandchildren. Now that I知 retired, I have time to pursue my interest in genealogy and have hopes of finding my Swed/Finn roots with your help.

My grandparents on my mother痴 side are: Wilhelm Alfred Hedstrom b. 20 Jan 1879 in Kvevlax,Vaasa, Finland, died 12 Jun 1962 in Kvevlax. He came to USA about 1905 and married Hilda Maria Ostman b. 25 Apr 1885 probably in Jakobstad, Finland. She died 13 Apr 1957 in California, USA. Wilhelm Alfred returned to Finland in 1950 and retired in Kvevlax. He and my grandmother were separated for many years.

My challenge is to find information on my great-grandfather, William Hedstrom who reportedly changed his surname from Jarv to Hedstrom before his marriage. He married Johanna Johansson from the Knip farm, b. 30 Oct 1845 in Koivulahti,Vaasa. I can find nothing about their marriage, nor when/where William was born. I know nothing about his parents. Her parents are Johan Erik Abrahamsson b. 6 Oct 1762 and Margareta Mikaelsson Knip b. 9 Aug 1763. Can anyone help me?

Hasse
18-10-03, 01:21
Hi

Looked in the Talko database.

Ulla Hglund has one Hedstrm born 5.4.1850 Karper, d. 7.12.1893 in America

Ulla is on Finlander, maybe she knows more?