PDA

View Full Version : Don Forsman

Hasse
19-01-07, 16:27
When opening the email this morning I had two emails both revealing the same sad message.

Don Forsman, one of the main forces of the Swedish-Finn Historical Society, died yesterday.

All the times we have met Don and Syrene, either here in Finland of the time we visited them in Seattle, we enjoyed his company and felt that it was easy to discuss with him. Last Summer was no exception. During our short meeting in Kyrkslätt he showed me two new acquired pocket watches that he had found and bought during their visit in Nykarleby that summer. I then learned that collecting pocket watches was one of his hobbies besides genealogy.

We never know when our time is up.

Our thoughts are today with Syrene and Don's loved ones.

Hasse

sune
20-01-07, 10:05
This was sad news indeed.

I met Don and Syrene the summer before last, when they visited the genealogy meeting here in Borgå. I had a short chat with Don. It turned out that we shared the same views on global politics, a subject were he proved open minded.

My sincere condolences, Syrene, in your sorrow. It is difficult when you lose a near and dear one. But in the end the nice and good memories will remain and dominate.

Sune