PDA

View Full Version : Carl Gustaf Bergholm-Johan Josef Bergholm

Steve Bergholm
09-02-07, 03:30
Hello,

I am trying to find the link (if there is one) between the following individuals:

Carl Gustaf Bergholm b. ca. 1782, became county watchmaker in Lappfjard in 1814, married for the second time 22.12.1823 in Lappfjard to Ulrika Dorothea Tillman, and died 10.6.1840, also in Lappfjard at the Dohli farm.

and

Johan Josef Bergholm who got burgher rights in Kristiinankaupunki 8.12.1869, was living in Lappfjard in 1880, and was married to Eva Josefina Rommstrom (b. 23.12.1846 in Turku). They had at least 2 sons: Carl Frederick b 1874, and Johan Gideon (my great-grandfather) b. 27.5.1878. Both sons immigrated to the United States. Carl Frederick immigrated with a Josef Henrick Bergholm b. 1859 who listed his home as Lapvaartti on his immigration records. I don't know the relationship, but I found Josef Henrick listed in the 1880 census (thanks to JDKotila's posting) in Lappfjard at the Dohli farm along with his father Karl, mother Anna and brother Karl.

I just can't find the link between the two men, but feel that it is there somewhere due to the location and the fact that they were both known to be watchmakers. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve