PDA

View Full Version : Carlson, Duluth

June Pelo
18-02-07, 17:30
I have a request from an old man in Finland who has an old letter and wondered if anyone knew anything about these people:

The letter was from Arne J. Carlson. It was sent in 1957 from Duluth, Proctor. Arne's father, Otto Carlson, came from Karleby and he emigrated about 1905 or 1907 or so. His original name was Joensuu (I think). Arne had two brothers in Duluth, Reino Carlson and Roy Carlson. This man thought that Arne Carlson would have been born about 1920 or so.

Don't know if anything can be found, but I told him I would try.

June

debbiesantelli
18-02-07, 21:32
June,

There are listings on Ancestry for an Arne J. Carlson, born May 27, 1915.

U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 about Arne J Carlson
Name: Arne J Carlson
Birth Year: 1915
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Minnesota
State: Idaho
County or City: Nez Perce
Enlistment Date: 16 Feb 1943
Enlistment State: Washington
Enlistment City: Spokane
Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Grade: Private
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source: Civil Life

Education: Grammar school
Civil Occupation: Tracktor Driver* or Truck Driver, Heavy or Chauffeur or Truck Driver, Light An asterisk (*) appearing after a job title indicates that a trade test for the particular occupation will be found in the United States Employment Service Manual, Oral Trade Test
Marital Status: Married
Height: 73
Weight: 200

From the Social Security Death Index:

Name: Arne J. Carlson
SSN: 471-16-4490
Last Residence: 55810 Duluth, Saint Louis, Minnesota, United States of America
Born: 27 May 1915
Died: 27 Feb 1995
State (Year) SSN issued: Minnesota (Before 1951 )

Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002
about Arne John Carlson
Name: Arne John Carlson
Birth Date: 27 May 1915
Death Date: 27 Feb 1995
Death County: Saint Louis
Mother's Maiden Name: Hendrickson
State file number: 008588
Certificate Number: 008588
Certificate Year: 1995
Record Number: 2527148

Also, I see the birth of a daughter, which I will send privately. Her father's name is Arne John Carlson, Mother is Bertha Victoria Salo. Born in 1954.

I won't post more unless it appears this is the correct family.

Debbie

debbiesantelli
18-02-07, 21:39
Actually June, I see 3 children and I am sending you details on them privately.

Debbie

rted
21-02-07, 02:33
My Great-Aunt Rosa Storbacka from Terjarv was married to a Carlson. I don't remember his first name, but it was not Otto. I am told that he was a Swede-Finn. They lived in Duluth. Their daughter Dorothy Karwaski is still living in Minong, Wisconsin. I will ask her what her father's first name was and if Otto and family were relatives.

June Pelo
21-02-07, 21:01
I imagine there are a lot of Carlsons in and around Duluth. As far as I know, Otto had a son Arne, b. 1915, who had sons Mark and Harold Carlson. Otto also had sons Reino and Roy Carlson and I assume they lived in Minnesota.

June