PDA

View Full Version : Pada or Granholm in Vassa

Lars Pada
24-02-07, 08:03
I am looking for living relatives of my mother and father:
Mother ------ Anna Alice Granholm born in Vassa in 1909.
She had a sister Ogla, and brothers Arvid and Ewert. She moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1929 or 1930 and married John August Pada. She died in Grindrod, BC, Canada in 1992. She had a cousin Verner Granholm who moved to Vancouver, BC, Canada
Father ------ John August Pada born in Vassa in 1904.
He had a sister Signi. He moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1927. He died in Grindrod, BC, Canada in 1967. He had a cousin Gust Pada who moved Aldergove, BC, Canada.

Hasse
24-02-07, 12:11
I am looking for living relatives of my mother and father:
Mother ------ Anna Alice Granholm born in Vassa in 1909.
She had a sister Ogla, and brothers Arvid and Ewert. She moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1929 or 1930 and married John August Pada. She died in Grindrod, BC, Canada in 1992. She had a cousin Verner Granholm who moved to Vancouver, BC, Canada
Father ------ John August Pada born in Vassa in 1904.
He had a sister Signi. He moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1927. He died in Grindrod, BC, Canada in 1967. He had a cousin Gust Pada who moved Aldergove, BC, Canada.

Lars,

As I wrote in my response to your email I had a feeling that your encestry could be figured out. A quick look in our Talko material gave the following screenshots where both Anna Alice Granholm and John August Pada can be found from contributions to the database. The only thing I'm wondering about is the birth year for John August? The Talko information gives a birth year of 1890!

I submit these pictures as a start, but I feel that our members in Vasa will fill in more details. The pictures has been taken of material submitted by Berglund and Mangs so you will get more in the hours and days to come, I'm sure.

If these are your parents you have a lot of living relatives to visit around Finland...

Welcome to the Finlander!

Lars Pada
27-02-07, 08:14
I am looking for any one who might be related to my parents:
my mother, Anna Alice Pada, was born Feb 4, 1909 in Vikby, and my father, Johan August Pada, born in 1904 in the vasa area. Although this Finlander site records a Johan August Pada born in 1890, I am certain of my father's birth year as 1904. But I find the names being identical as too coincidental. My parents moved to Calgary, alberta, Canada, Johan in 1927 and Anna Alice in 1929 or 1930. They gave birth to my sister Myrtle Pada in 1932, then my brother Nils Pada and I (twins) were born Feb 1, 1938. Johan died in 1967 and Annna Alice died in 1992, both in Grindrod, BC, Canada. I would like to make contact with any living relatives who might share more information about our family.