PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone translate these for me?

ck76
21-04-07, 17:47
I just received these in my email from Tora Barker, my distant cousin in Finland who Hasse was so kind to get me in touch with. They are the obituaries of my gggg grandmother Anna Brita Andersdotter Bj÷rndahl and of her son Alexander Andersson Bj÷rndahl. I'm able to make out some of what is listed but would like a good translation so I can show them to my grandfather. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jouni Kaleva
22-04-07, 08:14
Hi

This is for Anna Brita:

With sorrow it is announced that God in his almighty wisdom has decided to call to longevity our dearest mother
Farmer´s widow
ABA Kulla
who peacefully and quietly passed away in her home in Såka, on Sunday the 3rd of Sept. at 7 p.m. at the age of 82 y 4 mo 16 days, regretted and missed by 5 sons, 1 daughter, 29 grandchildren, 9 gg-children, 1 sister, 1 brother-in-law, 1 sister-in-law and other relatives and friends.
Edla and William Kulla

Goodbye, yes goodbye. In a short while we´ll see you, o mother, again.
Still some days of labor and struggle
Then we shall pass away in peace
To our home above.
Amen.

Jouni Kaleva
22-04-07, 09:02
Now for Alexander:

It is announced that
God in his almighty wisdom has decided to call to longevity my dearest husband and our father
Farmer Alexander Andersson Björndahl

who quietly and peacefully passed away in faith in his Savior in Såka village after a long but patiently carried suffering on Friday the 11th of October 1912 at the age of 56 y 11 mo 16 days, grieved closest by me and 6 children and 2 grandchildren, mother and brother and relatives and friends.
Anna Brita B.

Pain evil hours are nor forever
So now I rest by my dear father.
Now everything is gone that troubled me
Ended are my long heavy times of wandering.

June Pelo
22-04-07, 18:56
Just wanted to comment that these obituaries were written in Swedish - not Finnish as the heading indicated.

June

ck76
24-04-07, 07:44
thank you June - that makes it REALLY apparent that I didn't know what they said :p