PDA

View Full Version : My Nyberg Roots..

Rodney K. Hasting
04-05-07, 04:07
Hello to all;

I am new to your web site, but I can see, you all have your fingers on the pulse of GENEALOGY. I beleive I have located the place for the truth, and for real answers.

I have found almost all family members in Aland, Finland. But keep hitting a stone wall, looking for my G-G-Grandfather, Anders Nyberg, born 1796, in Lapptrask, Finland, but I have a passion, to keep searching. He made passage to Aland, Finland, in 1843, and married Anna Stina Ericsdotter in 1847.

Anna was born 1811 in Geta. Anders Nyberg had one daughter by marrage, Amanda Mathilda Nyberg, born 1848. Anders Nyberg died of cholera, in 1854, in Skarpans Sund. He was a farmer, and a Churchwarden in Saltvik, Aland, Finland. He adopted his wife's two children by previous marriage, Anna Josefina, born 1839, and Karl August, born 1841, (at least I would like to think adopted). Nevertheless, Karl August Nyberg took the name proudly, and became a tailor,and was married twice, first wife, Johanna Matilda Zetterman, born 1840 Odkarby, Aland, Finland, and she had died during child birth. Karl's second wife, Ida Matilda (O or U), Osterlund, born 1867, Odkarby, Saltvik, Aland, Finland.

Karl August Nyberg, fathered 20 children total, two died just after birth, the twins, Osker and Ralph, and Susan died young, but 17 of my Nyberg Family, made into the United States, and the Nyberg Family is now over 200 strong, and is threw out the U.S.A. I for one, am proud to be Swedish/Finish. But my search continues, as Anders Nyberg had to have a Mother, Father, and Brothers and/or Sisters, and I will find them. Hopefuly with a members help.

Thank You for reading, Rodney K. Hasting, son of Yarda (Nyberg) Hasting.

Rodney K. Hasting
04-05-07, 04:28
Hello again;
A good web site here in U.S.A., is a free search, familysearch.org and I use it a lot. If the fallowing names are in your Family Tree, we should talk:
Anders Nyberg, born 1796, Lapptrask, Finland
Karl August Nyberg, born 1841
Carl Reuben Nyberg, born 1891
Elias (Elis) Nyberg, born 1893
August Evar (Evi) Nyberg, born 1894
Sayda Matilda Nyberg, born 1897
Yarda Matilda Nyberg, born 1902
Otto Edward Nyberg, born 1903
Ella Matilda Nyberg, born 1863
(Charles) August Nyberg, born 1865
Emma Nyberg, born 1865
Hilma J. Nyberg, born 1872
John A. Nyberg, born 1873
Ida Amanda Nyberg, born 1877
Edy Alfred Nyberg, born 1867
Edward Otto Nyberg, born 1883
Carl Nyberg, born 1883

All the names are My Family Roots, some born is Aland, Finland, and some born in the U.S.A. Thank You Again, Rodney K. Hasting

Rodney K. Hasting
05-05-07, 04:43
Hello to all;
I finally made my way into the frontroom, don't mind me, I am new.
I need some special HELP, as I have been looking for a long long time, surffing the web. I am looking for information on my G-G-Grandfather, Anders Nyberg, born 1796, in Lapptrask, Finland. He had died from cholera in 1854, in Skarpans, Sund. He had married Anna Stina Ericsdotter in 1847, in Saltvik, Finland. Surly he had a Father, Mother, and Brothers and/or sisters. I only wish to find information on his family that lived in Lapptrask, Finland He had left Lapptrask, finland, by way of Helsinki, Finland in 1843, to Aland, Finland. In Saltvik, he was a farmer and a churchwarden. I think I have as much information on him out of Aland as I can get. Anders Nyberg and wife, had only one child togeather, Amanda Matilda Nyberg, born 1848, Aland. I sure wished my keyboard could type in Swedish, but then again, I could read what I just wrote.

Rodney K. Hasting
05-05-07, 04:46
Hello to all;
I finally made my way into the frontroom, don't mind me, I am new.
I need some special HELP, as I have been looking for a long long time, surffing the web. I am looking for information on my G-G-Grandfather, Anders Nyberg, born 1796, in Lapptrask, Finland. He had died from cholera in 1854, in Skarpans, Sund. He had married Anna Stina Ericsdotter in 1847, in Saltvik, Finland. Surly he had a Father, Mother, and Brothers and/or sisters. I only wish to find information on his family that lived in Lapptrask, Finland He had left Lapptrask, finland, by way of Helsinki, Finland in 1843, to Aland, Finland. In Saltvik, he was a farmer and a churchwarden. I think I have as much information on him out of Aland as I can get. Anders Nyberg and wife, had only one child togeather, Amanda Matilda Nyberg, born 1848, Aland. I sure wished my keyboard could type in Swedish, but then again, I could read what I just wrote. I also have two adds on Nyberg board, Thank You for reading.

June Pelo
06-05-07, 02:02
Hello Robert - Welcome to Finlander Forum. It takes a while to catch on how to get around. I have discovered that when I log on, I go to Quick Links at the top of the screen and click on it - then on Today's Posts. That brings up all the mail posted for the day, and usually the previous day. I found your postings - there were 3 but no replies to them. You mentioned Åland and we have a good researcher there named Ingemar Ekman. Perhaps he is away and hasn't seen your postings. If he can find anything, he'll reply. I don't know if any of our members have data on Lappträsk, but if they do, you'll hear from them. Nyberg is a common name and I have loads of them, but not from the area you are seeking.

To type the umlauts you referred to - use the number keypad to the right of your keyboard, and while holding down the Alt key, type the following:
ä Alt 0228
Ä Alt 0196
ö Alt 0246
Ö Alt 0214
å Alt 0229
Å Alt 0197

There are other combinations of numbers, but these are the ones I learned and I'm too old to change!!

June

Maja
07-05-07, 19:55
Hello Rodney

My grandfather’s uncle Jacob Johnson was married to Hilda Antonia Österlund (sister to Ida Matilda) and I am very interesting if they have living descendant. They lived in Muskegon MI.

Today I have not more information for you.
I have inserted a question for you in forum in Ostrobothnia (in Swedish)

Maja

http://www.qnet.fi/westside/discus/