PDA

View Full Version : searching for Lofstrom descendants

PatriciaM
07-05-07, 21:05
Grandfather's sister,
Edit Matilda Johan-Victorsdr Lofstrom, born in 1887, in Sideby and Edvard Berg, from Korsholm, had a son, Karl Bertel Berg, born in 1908, possibly in Fitchburg, Massachusetts.
Am looking for Karl's descendants, his siblings, if any and their descendants.

Karen Douglas
07-05-07, 22:15
Hi Patricia,

I do not think we are related, but my grandfather's name was Edvard Berg and he was born in Korsholm. He and my grandmother (Lovisa) had a son named Karl Adolph, born in 1909 in Dollar Bay, Mich. I just wanted to make you aware of this because the names, the Korsholm location, and Karl's birth year, are such a close match. Karen

Kerstin
07-05-07, 23:10
Hello!

This is from Boston Passanger list 1820-1943 about Karl Berg
Name Karl Berg
Arrival date 9 jul 1909
Estimated birth year abt 1907
Ethnic background Finnish
Port of departure Liverpool England
Ship name Saxonia
Port of arrival Boston, Massachusetts
Friend´s name Edvard Berg
Last residence Finland
Microfilm roll nr 136
He is travelling together with his mother Edith. The mothers nearest relative in Finland is Mother Matilda Löfström in Sideby. She has been living in Fitchburg from 1903 until 1908, and they are going back to Husband Edvard Berg 172 Weat str Fitchburg Mass

This is from cencus 1910
They are living in Fitchburg Ward 3 Worchester Massachusetts
houshold members is
Edward Berg 30
Edith Berg 22
Bertha Berg 2 Daughter Born in Massachusetts. Edward and Edith has been married for four years

MVH Kerstin

PatriciaM
11-05-07, 20:44
Kirsten,
thank you for your reply to my query. My search did lead me to the information on the Boston passenger list and to the 1910 census. However, there is no mention on the census of son, Karl Bertel Berg. I'm not sure what to make of that.
Patricia

PatriciaM
11-05-07, 20:49
Hi Patricia,

I do not think we are related, but my grandfather's name was Edvard Berg and he was born in Korsholm. He and my grandmother (Lovisa) had a son named Karl Adolph, born in 1909 in Dollar Bay, Mich. I just wanted to make you aware of this because the names, the Korsholm location, and Karl's birth year, are such a close match. Karen
Karen,
How I do wish your people were my people, but, alas, I think not. There are several names - Edward or Edvard Berg - listed on The Migration Institute lists. Thanks for caring.
Patricia

Kerstin
12-05-07, 00:37
Hello!

On the 10 of august 1905 there is an Hilma Jadvik arraving to Boston. She is from Sideby and she is going to her cousin Edith Löfström, 68 Goddard street, Fitchburg Massachusetts

Boston passanger list 1820-1943 about Edit Lofstrom
Arrival date 5 aug 1904
Age 17 years
Estimated birth year abt 1887
gender Female
Ethnic Background Finnish
Port of departure Liverpool
Ship name Republic
Port of arrival Boston Massachusetts
Friend´s name Axel Oberg
Last residence Finland
She is travelling together with Edith Hanses, witch also is from Sideby and they are both going to Axel and Elin Oberg 57 Callander street , New Dorchester Massachusetts. Edith Hanses and Elin Oberg are sisters

MVH Kerstin

PatriciaM
21-05-07, 00:55
Grandfather's sister,
Edit Matilda Johan-Victorsdr Lofstrom, born in 1887, in Sideby and Edvard Berg, from Korsholm, had a son, Karl Bertel Berg, born in 1908, possibly in Fitchburg, Massachusetts.
Am looking for Karl's descendants, his siblings, if any and their descendants.
Update on search for Karl Bertel Berg, son of Edit Matilda Lofstrom Berg and Edvard Berg-
Karl Bertel Berg was born in Fitchburg, Massachusetts on January 20, 1908. I have spoken to the Fitchburg city clerk who verified that information. There is a Carl Berg, born on that date, listed on the SSDI as having died in May, 1967. His social security card was issued in Massachusetts, before 1951, which leads me to believe he never left the state.
If anyone has information about Karl/Carl, please let me know.
PatriciaM