PDA

View Full Version : where are my Lofstrom descendants?

PatriciaM
07-05-07, 21:40
I am searching for the descendants of my grandfather's
brother's family.
Josef Ossian Johan-Victorsson Lofstrom, born 1896 in Sideby and
Ellen Hilma Maria Karlsdotter Solax, born 1901 in Massachusetts, had two children:

Ragnar Ernfrid Engelbert Josefsson Lofstrom, born 1924 in Sideby and

Ingmar Elis Eugen Josefsson Lofstrom, born 1926 in Sideby.

They, and their mother, emigrated to Canada in May of 1929.
Any information about them or their descendants would make me do the 'dance of joy'.

June Pelo
07-05-07, 22:31
I have a Frans Evert Löfström, b. 9 Sep 1876, Kimito, married 1905 in Åland to Maria Matilda Johannesdotter Bast. The info. came from Bernt Lövgren. No other info. about them.

June

June Pelo
07-05-07, 23:10
I just found your Lofstrom family in the Talko database, submitted by Sandra Witt. I don't know if Sandra reads the mail each day, but you could probably reach her through a private message. She has Josef Ossian there with his wife and 2 living children.

Her data came from Släkterna Sundnäs och Teirfolk by Gunnar Nybond.

June

Sandy Witt
08-05-07, 04:16
Thanks, June, for your reply to Patricia with regard to my Talko database (which I must update soon).

Patricia contacted me recently with regard to our common Swedish-Finn ancestry (she had contacted Ingemar Ekman, also a Finlander Forum member), and she and I have been in communication. She had many questions that I could not answer.

I recommended that she contact the Finlander Forum with all of the extremely helpful people. And - thanks to the messages that she has already received - she surely knows what I mean.

With best regards to all of you, Sandy

P.S. Because of my work load, I have not been able to do much research in the last year, but plan to soon.

PatriciaM
21-05-07, 00:38
I have a Frans Evert Löfström, b. 9 Sep 1876, Kimito, married 1905 in Åland to Maria Matilda Johannesdotter Bast. The info. came from Bernt Lövgren. No other info. about them.

June
June Pelo,
I appreciate your replies to my query about Lofstrom descendants. Only wish they were the ones I'm looking for.
While using my limited searching skills, I stumbled onto the Norway Heritage website where I found Ellen Lofstrom and sons, Ragnar and Elis listed.
They arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia aboard the Gripsholm on June, 15, 1929.
For more information, I have to order microfilm from the Canada inter-library loan system. My goal is to find where they settled and follow the trail to living relatives.
Anyone having information concerning the Josef Ossian/Ellen Hilma Solax Lofstrom family, please let me know.
PatriciaM

PatriciaM
21-05-07, 00:41

June
June Pelo,
I appreciate your replies to my query about Lofstrom descendants. Only wish they were the ones I'm looking for.
While using my limited searching skills, I stumbled onto the Norway Heritage website where I found Ellen Lofstrom and sons, Ragnar and Elis listed.
They arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia aboard the Gripsholm on June, 15, 1929.
For more information, I have to order microfilm from the Canada inter-library loan system. My goal is to find where they settled and follow the trail to living relatives.
Anyone having information concerning the Josef Ossian/Ellen Hilma Solax Lofstrom family, please let me know.
PatriciaM

KFilman
17-07-07, 21:34
Start Dancing Patricia... you've made my day!

Ingmar Lofstrom is my dad. He settled in Oba / Mead in Northern Ontario in 1929. I've been searching for 9 years looking for someone who might know something about my dad's family. I'd be happy to tell you all that I know, but can't guarantee accuracy.. in fact, part of what hampered my research is that my dad gave me his mother's incorrect birthdate, I found the correct information on the migration register in finland, leading me to my grandmothers name, and now to you. Where do you wish to start?

Karen Filman (nee Lofstrom):D

Sandy Witt
19-07-07, 06:33
Hi, Karen,

Patricia contacted me earlier this year about our family. She must be incredibly happy to hear from you.

I am your fifth cousin, once removed. My grandfather Johan Viktor Johansson Bäckman (who changed his name to "John Victor Johnson" after his arrival in the USA) was born in Sideby, Finland and immigrated to the USA in 1905.

Our common ancestors are Pehr Pehrsson Teirfolk Lassfolk (1762-1830) and Birgitta "Brita" Johansdotter Lassfolk (1767-1835).

I will be glad to send you more information, if you wish. I have asked Haase Nygård to update my genealogical information on the Finlander forum with my most recent information.

The website about my grandfather's immigration to America: http://sydaby.eget.net/ody/emi/jvjb_bio.htm

I would like to hear from you.

Sandy