PDA

View Full Version : News from Nokialand

Hasse
18-05-07, 17:43
After having dug to a depth of 10 meters last year, Norwegian scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and concluded that their ancestors had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Norwegians, in the weeks that followed Swedish scientists dug to a depth of 20 meters and shortly after headlines in the Dagens Nyheter newspaper read: "Swedish archaeologists have found traces of 200 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the Norwegians."

One week later, The Kainuun Sanomat, a Finnish newspaper, reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 meters in potato fields near Ristijärvi, Stinky Pyykkönen, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Therefore, Stinky has concluded that 300 years ago Finns were already using Wireless networks."

QED

Rodney K. Hasting
18-05-07, 21:35
Hello Hasse;
I enjoyed your post, it reminds me of Texan bragging rights in U.S.A. Example:
A texan went on vacation in Australia. He was boasting to an Australian while riding horseback. He said "Everyting in Texas is much bigger than anywhere in the world, when a kangaroo hopped by. The Texan stared open-eyed a minute, then said, "Well I guess your mice is alittle bigger". OR
A Texan was fishing with three of his out-of-state freinds, and said, "The biggest fish I ever caught was 8" in Texas, that was the distance between both eyes".
Take care Hasse, RKH