PDA

View Full Version : Nelimark.. Nelimarkka.. Neljamark

Karen K
27-05-07, 00:01
Hi, I'm looking for a possible connection to the Nelimarkka family of Vaasa area.

My greatgrandfather was Jaako Palokaangas. I have been told that an ERKKI Nelimark who came to the U.S. in the 1880s was my grandmother's UNCLE. My grandmother was Johanna Palokangas [Palo] Dau. of Jaako. Her mother's name MAY have been Maria Nelimarkka. I haven't been able to find any proof of the connection. Would appreciate ANY information that would proove or disproove the connection. Thank you all... Karen

Barthold
05-08-07, 22:22
Hi!

There is a book of the family Nelimarkka:

MAIN ENTRY: NELIMARKKA
TITLE: Nelimarkka sukua
MATERIAL: book
PUBLICATION: [Alajärvi], Nelimarkka sukuseura, 2005, 752 s., kuv.,
kartt., nuott., 26 cm
ISBN: 952-91-9757-8
LANGUAGE: fin
CLASSIFICATION: 99.31
THESAURUS: Nelimarkka, suku ; Nelimarkka ; Nelimarkka, suku ;
släktforskning ; sukututkimus
OTHER AUTHORS: Jukantupa, Penttiuntamo ; Nelimarkka sukuseura

I will sen a post to Mr Jukantupa in order to get permission to give you his email address,

Best regards
Barthold
pertti.ervasti*gmail.com

P.S. My son in law is a member of Nelimarkka family, they have a family association, too.

Barthold
06-08-07, 11:29
I'll translate Penttiuntamo's message:

Thanks for your message. I had received this query, but I have not had any kind of address to answer? I have put a notice at our website * www.nelimarkka.info, but not even there no response! If you can help, I would be most happy.

As Professor Eero Nelimarkka has said: "MAY GOOD SPIRITS MASTER YOUR HOUSE"

penttiuntamo

Contact information:
Email; NELIMARKKA.sukuseura*saunalahti.fi or pentti.jukantupa*jippii.fi
Mail address; Hietasaarenkatu 15 B 4, 65100 VAASA, in summer time; Hämeenniementie 115, 62900 ALAJÄRVI
tel; +358 40 5704700
home page; www.nelimarkka.info

Best regards
Barthold

Karen K
06-08-07, 22:29
Hello, Thank you for the information on the Nelemark connection. I will be sending an Email to the address you gave. Idon't speak or write Finnish and am only able to read scattered words so research can be very hard. I very much appreciate your help. Thank you again..... Karen