PDA

View Full Version : Brita Jakobsdotter Wargh (1782-1841) - Nykarleby

jmmccart99
29-05-07, 23:28
The Not So Elusive Brita - part 1 of 2

Brita Jakobsdotter Wargh (1782-1841) - Nykarleby

--------------------------------------------------------
The Initial Problem

This is something of a detective story. Not of me, but of Finland's Sherlock Holmes, Jaakko Sarell, who will likely disclaim any role of importance in solving the mystery of the "Elusive Brita". It also illustrates how HisKi, combined with original records research, can be a very useful tool.

Since others out there may have the same Brita as an ancestor, I thought it prudent to post this and preserve the results.

Some years ago (Hasse 23 Nov 1998), I received data from Hasse Krokfors for two of my grandmother's great-grandparents. After an email or two, the data looked like this (ca. 1999-2000):

12. Johan Johansson Torrkulla b. 31 Jan 1777, Kronoby, ref: hk 12, m. 9 Nov 1809, Brita Jakobsdotter //, b. 24 Nov 1782, ref: hk 13, d. 26 Jul 1841. Johan died 22 Mar 1824. Not baptised in Kronoby (no HisKi record for him through 1794). HK suggested he might have been baptised in another parish (email).

13. Brita Jakobsdotter // b. 24 Nov 1782, ref: hk 13, m. (1) Johan Pitt, b. 19 Sep 1779, ref: hk (email), occupation soldier, m. (2) 9 Nov 1809, Johan Johansson Torrkulla, b. 31 Jan 1777, Kronoby, ref: hk 12, d. 22 Mar 1824. Brita died 26 Jul 1841. HK gives her as Brita Jakobsdotter g. Torrkulla-Pitt. Johan Pitt was a soldier (no history known). Brita's ancestry unknown.

Johan Johansson Torrkulla (in the end) presented no problems. About 2 years later, he turned up in the revised HisKi (original lookup was in the 1998 version); and I wrote myself a note on the couple:

- Two years ago, we thought he was not baptised in Kronoby (no HisKi record for him through 1794). HK suggested he might have been baptised in another parish (email). However, in search of updated HisKi database (under "Torkulla"), he does appear: b. 30.1.1777, c. 31.1.1777, s/o "Joh. Andersson & H. Margreta Gustaf dotter". Some 50 entries from 1776-1838 are registered under "Torkulla" (as opposed to 65 from 1738-1871 under "Torrkulla"; and 1 entry from 1814 under "Torkula").

- Brita: HK gives her as Brita Jakobsdotter g. Torrkulla-Pitt. Brita's ancestry is unknown. (email from HK). Johan Pitt was a soldier (no history known). Brita Jakobsdotter // (no farmname) m1 Pitt (a soldier) and m2 Torrkulla. The Russian-Swedish war began in February 1808 -- possibly, Brita was a "war widow".

Johan Johansson's main line goes back to Jöns Månsson Björk, ca. 1500 (Johan10, Johan9, Anders8, Margareta7, Matts6, Anders5, Nils4, Mårten3, Anders2, Jöns1). So, there is no lack of ancestors there.

The problem was Brita. Holding position #13 in my grandmother's tafel with no ancestors, she left a huge gap at ## 26 & 27 (and all the multiples back). That problem remained on the shelf for several years.

-----------------------------------------------------
The First Step in Solving the Problem - Call Sherlock

The data from Hasse had two invidualized pieces of data for Brita Jakobsdotter and Johan Pitt: Brita Jakobsdotter, b. 24 Nov 1782, and Johan Pitt, b. 19 Sep 1779. Brita is not one of Hasse's ancestors; but fortunately she ended up in his not so small database (as many readers will know, his "Tiny Tafel" ain't very tiny). He had no idea of the data source, but thought a marriage record was more likely. He did not have the date of the Pitt marriage (obviously before 9 Nov 1809, Brita's 2nd mar. to Johan Johansson Torrkulla).

At some point, Jaska got into the act. I was discussing "missing ancestors" with him and gave him a "wish list" (late 2005). He came back with:

> 13. Brita Jakobsdotter
Her 1st marriage in HisKi (Kronoby):
8.12.1807 Soldaten No. 25 Johan Ditt Brita Jacobs dotter
alkup - VIHPAIKKA: Stråka
Place where wed is Stråka, perhaps worth looking at. There's an exact match for her dob 24 Nov 1782 in Nykarleby, but that might be just a coincidence. Out of my area, but if easily found, I'll check that.

So, having now a wedding date (albeit for "Ditt", not "Pitt"), the next step was to do a "sweep search" of HisKi to see whether the Nykarleby record was a "coincidence". That was a job for Dr. Watson (JMM).

That "sweep search" simply involved plugging "Brita" (and variants - HisKi tells you all about that) into a search request for all Finnish parishes for the year 1782. The same type of request for Johan (and variants) for 1779. The result was a lot of records. There were 559 "Britas" born in Finland in 1782 (as the HisKi records then stood). There were 2708 "Johans" in 1779. For purposes of searching, they were saved as .html files on my computer.

The next step was to search those records for 24.11.1782 (Brita) and 19.9.1779 (Johan); and to do more HisKi searches of those that seemed most relevant.

JMM to Jaska - Conclusions after HisKi Sweep Searches:

Brita Jakobsdotter, b&b 24.11.1782 (d/o Warg [Tr] Jakob Henriks:s: & Margeta Sim:d:r)

Nykarleby - Uusikaarlepyy - all
Years 1780 - 1790
24.11.1782, 24.11.1782, Carby, Warg; Jakob Henriks:s:; Margeta Sim:d:r; Britha
[same record as Jaska suggested]

is the only Brita Jakobsdotter born or baptised on that day in Finland. The two other Britas of that day were Brita Henriksdotter (Pori - Björneborg) and Brita Matsdotter (Ylivieska).

[Note added for this post: there were a couple of dozen "Jacobs" who had daughters "Britas" in 1782. None of them matched the specific date, except Warg (nor were any of those dates close). Moreover, the geography for the others generally was not on target.]

A couple of dozen Johans were born or baptised 19.9.1779. Finding a soldier is difficult because his military nickname (his "dit nom" as the French say) is likely to be different from his baptismal "surname". So, Johan "Ditt" (or "Dit"), without patronym, is a harder case than Brita. Geographical proximity is not necessarily a real factor, since a soldier can be sent anywhere.

Three "Johans" suggest themselves:

Jakobstad - Pietarsaari - christened
19.9.1779, 20.9.1779, Jacobstad; Lisa Gunn; Johan
[no father; no patronym. Also a reason to be a soldier. Geography is good]

Reisjärvi - christened
27.8.1779, 19.9.1779, Reisjärvi; Sold. Johan Främling; Lisa Joh.dr; Johan Henric
[soldier father; but the birthdate and geography are well off the mark]

Turun suomalainen srk - Åbo finska församling - christened
19.9.1779, 20.9.1779; Deijan Anna Johansd:r; Johan Henric
[same as 1st one; but geography is so-so]

"Ditt's" parents are immaterial to my descent. "Lisa Gunn" also is without patronym. I suspect Johan had a tough life.

Whoever first researched this couple (my data comes from hk), found exact birthdates. I suspect they are in the marriage records (less likely in the birth record of their only child). From HisKi, I have:

Kronoby (HisKi)
8.12.1807, Soldaten No. 25 Johan Ditt; Brita Jacobs dotter; alkup - VIHPAIKKA: Stråka
[same record that Jaska found first]

Kronoby (HisKi)
13.9.1808, 14.9.1808; Soldaten Johan Dit; Hust. Brita, 26; Johan Jacob

Kronoby (HisKi)
9.11.1809, Torkulla; Bonde Sonen Johan Johansson; Soldat Enkan Brita Jacobs dot. Dits; original - VIHPAIKKA: Torkulla

[Added for this post: I later found what happened to son Johan Jakob:

Kronoby - Kruunupyy - all
Christened
13.9.1808, 14.9.1808; Soldaten Johan Dit; Hust. Brita, 26; Johan Jacob
Buried
28.10.1808, 6.11.1808; barn Johan Jacob; Okänd; 1m; original - SIVU: 48; original - RIVI: 44;
relative: Soldaten Pil

"Soldaten Pil" is something of a mystery (Pitt, Ditt, Dit, Pil=Pit ?). Finland at this time was in the midst of the 1808 Russian Invasion.]

.................................................. ....
Nothing jumps out (at me) from HisKi (or the Net) on Stråka and Brita. The Warg farm at Carby (not all that far from Stråka and Kronoby) is well written up. Brita "Warg's" father was a torp for his older brother on the farm. The story (shortened), ran HisKi for Jakob and his father, is this:

[long quote from a Nykarleby local history omitted here - it is in part 2]

"Soldaten No. 25" might be useful - if I knew his regiment (prob. Österbottens regemente) and company (it had 8, but I have not yet located where each was stationed; except for the Närpes kompani, which is "backyard" to Pirrtikylä). I was hoping to find something similar to Westside's "Indelta soldater i Malax socken 1734 - 1810; Österbottens regemente, Närpes kompani, rotarna 90 - 114" [lists each soldier, data, spouse, children, history]. But no such luck.

Perhaps, Johan Ditt's soldier cottage was at or near Stråka (or there is a link to Warg from there - many possibilities).

The exact birth dates seem the key; but where did they come from ? If Brita's is carved into an original record, I would be inclined to accept the Warg link as very probable.

Finding the Original Record and More

Time was ripe to toss the ball back to Jaska. He found the 1807 Kronoby CB record, which confirmed that the two birth datings came from that source. A .jpg of that is attached. The original is a long (across the page) entry, whish will scroll across the screen. I have "snipped" it to make it more readable on-line.

That was satifying enough, but Sherlock came up with the coup de grace:

.................................................. ..
From Jaska

Yeah, I could better orientate among Nykarleby CB's today. Found the Warg farm as #12 in Karby village.

Parents of Brita were Jakob Henriksson Warg b. 1737 and Margareta Simonsdotter Nors b. 1739 (from Soklot village). Their marriage and births easily found from HisKi, also mother's death, as are Jakob's parents death dates, but for Margareta Nors' parents only the marriage in 1730.

Good luck in following Brita's movements. She is mentioned to have moved to Vörå in 1804. Didn't even think of searching her there ;-)

Fortunately Vörå has in/out movement records available after 1805, and very detailed ones. No guesswork required here.

In 1807 the movement out #49:

Sold. Johan Joh:son Pit 19/9 1779 Wörå
och dess brud
Brita Jakobsdotter 24/11 1782 Nykarleby

Dated 30/11, destination Kronoby !!!

A note: "upplysta men ännu ej vigda" - well they were soon married in Kronoby on 8 Dec 1807. Other notes: försvars(?), ärliga, obehindr. Don't know the column titles.

It's quite rare that the DOB does not change a bit after moving from one parish to another. Otherwise the search could have been much more difficult, since Kronoby CB didn't mention her place of birth.

There were quite many soldiers that moved from Vörå at the same time to different places around. Maybe just a coincidence ? Or was there a training camp or something like that around ?

.................................................. .................
So, the hard work was done.

Now it was a simple job for Dr. Watson to put together a bunch of known facts and write the book (Arthur Conan Doyle thought of himself as Watson, not Sherlock).

Attach .jpg

jmmccart99
29-05-07, 23:40
The Not So Elusive Brita - part 2 of 2

Brita Jakobsdotter Wargh - Nykarleby Ancestors

Introduction

Since Jakob Henriksson Warg (b. 1737) and Margareta Simonsdotter Nors (b. 1739; from Soklot village) were now in place as Brita's parents, the task was finding their history. While Jaska was doing the heavy lifting in finding the Finnish records, I had checked HisKi and the Net for the Warghs of Carby.

Here are the results in summary.

1. HisKi has many relevant records for this family.

2. A Nykarleby local history has the Jakob Henriksson Wargh ancestry and some hemman history.

3. Johan Pitt may have stationed at Nykarleby, although that is not certain. Certainly he was there long enough to haul Brita off to Vorå, or did he meet her in Vorå, and then on to Kronoby.

The ancestry of Brita ensues. Obviously, this is a work in process.

Primary References (besides HisKi and CB's):

Rudolf Olson, Hemman och husbönder i byn Kovjoki och Strömmen 1550-1850 omfattande byarna Kovjoki och Markby i Nykarleby samt Karby i Pedersöre (1998) [Olson]

Woldemar Backman, Soldattorp, soldater jämte deras efterkommande i Nykarleby landskommun (1943) [Backman]

Early History of Wargh Hemman (1582-1725)

.................................................. ..............
Karby had 6 major farms. Wargh (and its spelling variants) was listed as nr 1 in Karby. Wargh was a merger of the original Wargh and that of Henric Nilsson. Thus, "hemmann Henric Nilssons Wargh". Wargh split into two main segments (A & B). We are concerned with B.

[Olson]

KARBY

År Karby omfattade ursprungligen 6 hemman. Ytterligare ett 7:de hemman fanns i Karby som enligt mantalslängderna legat öde från 1640-talet. Hemmanet ägdes 1630 av bonden Henrik Nilsson 53 år gammal. Enligt en rannsakningslängd från 1679 avskriven av Ines Kass 21): "3/4 mtl Hindrich Nilsson Uhrminnes ödhe. Brofogden Lars Fisk brukar höslagh." Hemmanet fortsätter att vara öde till år 1730 då det är anslutet till Wargh hemman. I kyrkans kommunionbok 1768-1773 kallas detta hemmann Henric Nilssons Wargh.

21) Ines Kass: Släktforskarföreningen i Jakobstad, Släkt och Bygd, Nr 30, 1986, sid 78.

Närheten till Karviken och havet har satt sin prägel på bosättningen. Hemmansnamnet Styrmans är ett exempel. 1676 omnämns båtsmännen och bönderna Anders Hindersson på "Hindrik Nilssons" hemman, Jacob och Marcus Simonsson på Raij och Erik Hindersson på Styrmans. Erik Eriksson på Warg var knekt och bonden Pehr Olofsson på Styrmans var fjärdingsman på 1660-talet.

Bynamnet Karby har som tidigare nämnts sitt ursprung i Karlaby. Redan i jordeboken 1549 talas om Södre Karlby, 1550 om Sörkarlby, 1551 om Södre Karlby sedan Karlaby eller Karleby. 22) och slutligen Karby.

22) T.E.Karsten: Svensk bygd i Österbotten, II: Kulturnamn, sid.194. Helsingfors 1923.

Byn omfattade 6 hemman: Warg-Henrik Nilssons, senare Vik, Lille, Styrmans, Fors, senare Smeds, Lars Knuts (Knuts), och Raij.

.................................................. ..............................
The early history (to 1675) of Wargh is interesting (e.g, the blinded soldier Erik), but has no apparent links to Brita's ancestry. It was a ½ mtl. Crown farm at the end of that period.

[Olson]

1. Vargh (Vik)

Hemmansnummern 1 i Karby var tidigare nummer 12 i byn Kovjoki och Strömmen.

Hemmanet var ursprungligen 1/4-1/2 mantal. Efter stora ofreden 1713-1723 uppgick Henrik Nilssons öde hemman i Wargh och hemmanets storlek ökade till 3/4 mantal. 1792 hade mantalet sjunkit till 5/12.

Hemmansnamnet Wargh förekommer i mantalslängden redan år 1642 genom bonden Erik Wargh. 1644 är Erik Eriksson Warg antecknad som bonde och knekt på hemmanet. Han var då 45 år gammal och således född c:a 1599. Knektnamnet Wargh blev efter detta hemmanets namn.

Namnet Vik fick hemmanet först i början av 1800-talet.

BÖNDER PÅ HEMMANET:

Per Olsson, antecknad som bonde redan 1548. I slutet av 1570 talet var hemmanet ett av de större hemmanen i Karby, troligen sammanslaget med något annat hemman, och skattade för 18,5 spannland odlad jord.

1583-1615
Per Mattsson, skattar för 15 spannland odlad jord eller i början av 1600-talet för 1/2 mantal.

1618-1629
Erik Persson, möjligen son till förra bonden, född c:a 1564, son Erik.

1630-1675
Erik Eriksson Wargh, son till förra bonden, född c:a 1597. År 1642 kallas han Erik Wargh i mantalslängden. Knekt. Antecknad som blind 1664. Hustru Kristin Larsdotter.

Kronohemman 1/2 mantal.

.................................................. ...............
The next 50 years (1675-1725) was ended by the Great Wrath. Its close saw a re-vamping in the structure of many Finnish farms. So too, it seems here. By 1730, the farm enhanced by "Henric Nilssons öde hemman" (öde = vacant) was partitioned in part A (Matts Hinderssons hemman) and B (Simon Johanssons hemman). Simon Johansson seems to have been the bonde on Wargh before the Great Wrath. Matts Hindersson g.m. Margeta Bertilsdotter is listed as "Medåbo" ("fellow new settler" or the like).

There is no evidence to suggest that Simon Johansson was a son of Johan Wargh (bonde 1690-1695), hustru Malin. The patronymic is correct, but Johan is too common a name to base anything on that. As I view the evidence here, " hustru Anna Mårtensdotter" refers to Simon's wife; they having a son Simon. Svåger (brother-n-law) Anders, hustru Brita ?? (brother in law of whom ?).

Simon Johansson is the first certain Wargh ancestor of Brita.

[Olson]

1679-1687
Matts Gabrielsson Wargh, son till bonden på Petas i Kovjoki, Gabriel Ersson. Hustru Malin Simonsdotter.

1690-1695
Johan Wargh, hustru Malin.

1695-1713
Simon Johansson Wargh.
Medåbo: Matts Hindersson, hustru Margeta Bertilsdotter. Son Simon, hustru Anna Mårtensdotter, död 1735. Svåger Anders, hustru Brita.

Efter stora ofreden 1713-1723 uppgick Henric Nilssons öde hemman i Wargh. År 1730 ökade även Wargh hemmans mantal till 3/4.

Matts Hinderssons hemman kallas i fortsättningen hemman A, och Simon Johanssons hemman B.

---------------------------------------------------------
1. Simon Johansson Wargh & Anna Mårtensdotter (d. 1735)

The present information on Simon and Anna is largely from Olson, since HisKi records for Nykarleby begin in 1730. Thus, Simon (död före 1728) is not in Nykarleby HisKi; nor is Anna clearly there, despite her definite death date (30.3.1735, in Olson).

A son Simon is mentioned in Olson (fate ?). The daughter Margareta is our continuation here. Her birth in 1707 is outside of HisKi's range.

.................................................. ...............
[Olson]

1695-1713
Simon Johansson Wargh.
Medåbo: Matts Hindersson, hustru Margeta Bertilsdotter. Son Simon, hustru Anna Mårtensdotter, död 1735. Svåger Anders, hustru Brita.
HEMMAN B

1725-1730
Simon Johansson Wargh, död före 1728. Hustru: Anna Mårtensdotter, död 30.3.1735.

1730-1777
Henrik Hansson, född c:a 1708 i Pedersöre, död 1780, måg till förra bonden. Hustru: Margareta Simonsdotter Wargh, född 1707.

.................................................. ......
HisKi (Nykarleby-Uusikaarlepyy)
1735, 30.5.1735, i Karby; Enckia; relative: Simon Matsson ??
[A sweep search for all 1735 "Annas" returned nothing matching]

------------------------------------------------------------
2. Margareta Simonsdotter Wargh (1707-1769) (Simon Johansson Wargh & Anna Mårtensdotter //), Hustru: Margareta Simonsdotter Wargh, född 1707.

G.m. Henrik Hansson Wargh-//, född c:a 1708 i Pedersöre, död 1780, måg till förra bonden (1730-1777).

At least 15 children (see HisKi below).

Their son Simon, f. 1733, inherited the farm (* HisKi below). Our continuation is son Jacob Hendersson Wargh, f. 1737 (** HisKi below), a torpare on that farm.

.................................................. ...
[Olson]

HEMMAN B

1725-1730
Simon Johansson Wargh, död före 1728. Hustru: Anna Mårtensdotter, död 30.3.1735.

1730-1777
Henrik Hansson, född c:a 1708 i Pedersöre, död 1780, måg till förra bonden. Hustru: Margareta Simonsdotter Wargh, född 1707.

1777-1788
Simon Henriksson Wargh, son till förra bonden, född 1733. Hustru: 1757, Susanna Eriksdotter Lassila, född 1743. Hemmanets storlek 5/32 mantal.

.................................................. .....
re: bonde [on B] Warg Hendr: Hanss: (rem. 1769; d. 1780) & Margeta Sim:d:r

Christened
7.7.1731 10.7.1731 Caarby Hendr: Hanss: Margeta Sim:d:r Margeta
* 5.3.1733 7.3.1733 Caarby Hend: Hanss: Margeta Sim:d:r Simon
1.5.1734 5.5.1734 Karby Hind: Hansson Marg: Sim:d:r Erich
4.10.1735 4.10.1735 Carby Hind: Hansson Margeta Sim:d:r Hind:
** 5.6.1737 10.6.1737 Carby Henr: Hansson Marg: Sim:d:r Jacob
10.12.1738 11.12.1738 Carby Hindr: Hansson Marg: Simons:d:r Anna
20.11.1740 23.11.1740 Carby Henrich Hansson Marg: Simons:d:r Elisabet
10.9.1742 13.9.1742 Carby Hindr: Hanson Marget Sim:d:r Matts
26.11.1744 28.11.1744 Carby Varg: # Henric Hanson Margeta Sim:d:r Andreas
1.3.1746 3.3.1746 Karby Henrik Hans:s: Warg Margeta Henr:d:r Anna
10.9.1747 11.9.1747 Karby Hindrick Hans:s: Margeta Sim:d:r Johannes
28.3.1749 29.3.1749 Karby Hinrik Hans:s: Varg Margeta Sim:d:r Martinus
6.7.1750 8.7.1750 Karby Hinrik Hans:s: Warg Margeta Sim:d:r Carl
24.11.1751 25.11.1751 Karby Wargas: Henrik Hans:s: Marget: Sim:d:r Isak
24.2.1754 26.2.1754 Karby Varg: Henrik Hans:s: Marg: Sim:d:r Gustavus

Buried
6.7.1769, 9.7.1769, Karby i K:g:; G: Margeta Simons:d:r; lungsot; 64y

Married
16.12.1769 Karby Henrich Hanss: Warg Maria Matts:d:r Widberg

Buried
1734 26.5.1734 i Carby Barn relative: Hindrich Hansson
1736 6.12.1736 i Carby Barn relative: Hendrich Hansson
1740 16.3.1740 i Carby B: Anders 13m relative: Henrich Hansson
1745 11.7.1745 i Carby B: Petrus 32m relative: Hinric Hansson
1747 8.1.1747 i Carby B: Anna 10y relative: Hindrich Hanss: Warg
1748 5.6.1748 i Cahrby B: Johannes 8m 3w relative: Hindrick Hansson

3.5.1780, 15.5.1780, Carby i K:gd:, Warg; G:gl:bd: Henric Hanss:; vatusot; 75y

---------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Jacob Hendersson Wargh (1737-??) (Jakob Henriksson Warg & Margareta Simonsdotter Nora), torpare på Wargh

G.m. 1759 i Soklot, Margareta Simonsdotter Nors (1739-??) (Simon Simonsson Nors & Maria Mattsdotter //) (from Soklot village)

At least 12 children (HisKi below). Our continuation is Brita (f. 1782), the runt of the litter. As the 12th child of a torpare, marrying a soldier probably did not seem a bad idea. Perhaps, she married first for love, and married second for money. In any event, she snagged a bonde on her second try.

re: Warg [Tp] Jakob Henriks:s: & Margeta Sim:d:r

5.6.1737, 10.6.1737, Carby; Henr: Hansson; Marg: Sim:d:r; Jacob

24.6.1739, 25.6.1739, Soklot; Simon Simonsson; Maria Matts:d:r; Margetha

g.m. 24.6.1730, Såcklot; Simon Simons:; P: Maria Matts:d:r; Staden

g.m. 1759, Soklot; Bd:S: Jacob Hinders:; Margeta Simons:d:r Nors

re: Warg [Tp] Jakob Henriks:s: & Margeta Sim:d:r Children

Christened
26.4.1760 27.4.1760 Karby Varg. Jakob Hendus:s: Marg: Sim:d:r Hendrich
16.11.1762 17.11.1762 Karby Varg Jac: Henderss: Marg: Sim:d:r Simon
23.2.1764 23.2.1764 Karby Varg Jacob Henderss: Marg: Sim:d:r Mathias
30.8.1765 1.9.1765 Karby Varg Jacob Henderss: Marg: Simons:d:r Margareta
30.6.1769 2.7.1769 Karbyn Varg Jacob Henr:s: Margeta Sim:d:r Maria
25.8.1770 26.8.1770 Karby Varg: Jakob Henders: Marg: Simons:d:r Jacob
17.2.1772 18.2.1772 Carby Varg: Jacob Henr:s: Marg: Simons:d:r Susanna
11.8.1773 13.8.1773 Carby Tp: Jac: Henr:s: Marg: Simons:d:r Caisa Lisa
24.9.1774 25.9.1774 Karby Varg: Jacob Henr:s: Marg: Simons:d:r Gustaf
7.6.1776 9.6.1776 Karby Varg Jacob Henr:son Marg: Simons:d:r Anders
27.11.1779 28.11.1779 Carby Varg Jacob Henr:s: Marg: Simons:d:r Johannes
* 24.11.1782 24.11.1782 Carby Warg Jakob Henriks:s: Margeta Sim:d:r Britha

Buried
14.2.1763 20.2.1763 Karby i K:g: Warg B: Simon tråsk 3y 1m relative: Jacob Hendersson
15.8.1764 19.8.1764 Karby i K:g: B: Mathias tråsk 6y 1m relative: Jackob Hendersson
9.9.1766 14.9.1766 Karby - B: Maria - relative: Jakob Hendersson
30.5.1770 4.6.1770 Karbyn - B: Maria bukref 1y 2w relative: Jacob Henrichsson
9.7.1774 10.7.1774 Carby i K:gd: Warg: B: Caisa Lisa tråsk 10y 1d relative: Jacob Henrichsson
14.7.1776 21.7.1776 Carby i K:gd: Warg B: Anders okbs: 1y 1m relative: Jacob Henricsson
26.9.1777 28.9.1777 Karby Warg Dödfiltebarn relative: Jacob Henricsson

4. Soldiers at Karby

25 soldiers (a Squad) were billeted in Nykarleby landskommun during the period 1733-1809. Both the Österbottens regemente and Vasa regemente are cited by Backman. Backman does not list a Johan Pitt, Ditt, Pils or Dils. Interestingly enough, he does have a Johan "Is" in torp nr 123 at Karby (1806 --), the last to occupy that billet.

Given the apparent variations in Johan's name, perhaps .... But, since Brita moved to Vorå in 1804, perhaps that would be a better place to seek Johan's billet.

On the other hand, Johan may have been assigned to the Nykarleby area or the Vorå area for many other reasons; and not occupied an assigned billet in either place.

[Backman]

Kap. II, Om soldattorpen i Nykarleby landskommun jämte en översikt av soldaterna 1733-1809
Uppgifterna gälla främst Österbottens regemente, nämligen de till Nykarleby hörande delar av dess livkompani. Som ett tillägg nämnes sedan något om Vasa regemente och dess soldattorp.
Kyrkbyn. (Nr 116, 117, 127-129.)
Soklot by. (Nr 118-122.)
Kovjoki by. (Nr 123-126.)
Ytterjeppo by. (Nr 130-134.)
Överjeppo by. (Nr 135-141.)
Kovjoki by.
(Nr 123-126.)

(Kovjoki och Karby voro denna tid sammanslagna till en by. Till Karby hörde 123 och 126.)

T o r p 1 2 3.

S t r ö m b a c k e n. Roten omfattade L u k u s, Raj, Smeds och Knuts. Åker: 1 tunnland. Äng: 13 1/2 skrindor hö.

A n m ä r k n i n g a r 1752: Torpet i gott skick. Brunnsvattnet odugligt. Lukus åkerdel stenig och sandig; en ny åker skulle iordningställas.

S o l d a t e r.
Jonas Forsberg 1737-, till pommerska kriget, från vilket han ej återvände.
Henrik Forsberg 1758-1788.
Henrik Skog 1788-1789.
Mikael Topp 1790-1795.
Anders Östman 1795-1800 (från 120). Anslagen för kungliga krigsakademin 1801-1806.
Johan Is 1806-.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Ancestry of Margareta Simonsdotter Nors

We are looking for Simon Simonsson Nors & Maria Mattsdotter //, from Soklot village; and indeed Olson has them:

1700-1713
Simon Jakobsson. Tidigare bonde på Rundt i Kovjoki. Hustru: Brita Simonsdotter Rundt, född c:a 1660.

1713-1723
Under stora ofreden var hemmanet öde och avbränt av ryssarna.

1723-1725
Simons hustru och syster Brita är bosatta på hemmanet.

1730-1745
Simon Simonsson Nors, son till förra bonden. Hustru: Margeta Jakobsdotter, född 1704.

Anders Simonsson Nors (f. ca. 1725; if so, from a 1st marriage of his father not in HisKi) followed his father on the farm (1745-1765). See Olson below.

There were two older Britas in this immediate family: Brita Simonsdotter Rundt (g.m. Simon Jakobsson) and Simon's sister Brita, who held the fort after the Great Wrath. There was not much to hold ("avbränt av ryssarna").

This is as far as "Dr. Watson" has got in pursuing the ancestors of the "Not So Elusive Brita" .

.................................................. ..........
The reference here is to another Olson work: Rudolf Olson, Socklot. Hemman och husbönder 1548-1850 (1997):

12. NORS

Hemmanets storlek 2/3 mantal. År 1578 skattade hemmanet för 11 1/2 spannland odlad jord, vilket motsvarar drygt en hektar. På Nors hemman fanns 4 kor. Under 1600-talet var hemmanet långa tider öde och obesatt. T.ex. 1654-1675 var hemmanet inte skattelagt.

Hemmansnamnet Nors, Nossas, kan möjligen ha sitt ursprung i norsfisket. I forna tider var fisket en viktig del i Socklotböndernas försörjning.

BÖNDER PÅ NORS

1548-1578
Matts Eriksson.

1583-1619
Lars Mattsson, son.

1619-1661
Anders Larsson, son, född c:a 1584. Från år 1654 var hemmanet öde och obesatt.

1664-1673
Eskill Simonsson. Öde och obesatt från år 1671.

1675-1687
Sigfrid Mickelsson. "Öde tagit 1675".

1700-1713
Simon Jakobsson. Tidigare bonde på Rundt i Kovjoki. Hustru: Brita Simonsdotter Rundt, född c:a 1660.

1713-1723
Under stora ofreden var hemmanet öde och avbränt av ryssarna.

1723-1725
Simons hustru och syster Brita är bosatta på hemmanet.

1730-1745
Simon Simonsson Nors, son till förra bonden. Hustru: Margeta Jakobsdotter, född 1704.

1745-1765
Anders Simonsson Nors, son till förra bonden, född 1725 på Nors, död där 1800. Hustru: Lisa Johansdotter, född 1726 i Socklot, död 1800 på Nors.

Efter 1765 finns på Nors två bönder registrerade. Hemman A brukas av förra bonden Anders Simonsson, och hemman B av verkmästaren Jacob Nyström.

.................................................. ...
g.m. 24.6.1730, Såcklot; Simon Simons:; P: Maria Matts:d:r; Staden

22.3.1731 27.3.1731 Såcklåt Simon Sim:son Maria Mattz:d:r Maria
21.5.1732 23.5.1732 Såcklått Simon Simonss: Maria Mattz:d:r Brijta
25.11.1734 26.11.1734 Soklot Simon Simonss: Marja Matz:d:r Anna
17.12.1737 18.12.1737 Såcklått Simon Simonss: Maria Matts:d:r Lisa
* 24.6.1739 25.6.1739 Soklot Simon Simonsson Maria Matts:d:r Margetha
6.6.1743 9.6.1743 Soklot Simon Simonsson Maria Matts:d:r Susanna

------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

This little story illustrates the value that can be made from reasonable use of the Internet. It can help in filling out our knowledge and history of our ancestors - and provide leads to other potential ancestors.

That having been said, this result could not have been achieved without recourse to original records. First, someone had brains enough to write down the two birth dates from the original record. Second, Hasse had brains enough to include the dates in his database (even if he didn't know the source). Third, Jaska had the the skills (and generousity) to find the original record and much more.

T.s.m.

JMM

PS: I would be very interested to hear from anyone else who hooks into any of these folks.

June Pelo
30-05-07, 01:43
Vincent Erickson has Susanna Simonsdotter Nors, b. 1741, Soklot, Nykarleby, d. 10 Dec 1824, Soklot, married to Anders Larsson Gertruds, b. 1736, Gertruds, Soklot, 7 May 1809, Soklot. Perhaps Susanna was a sister of Margetha?

June

jmmccart99
30-05-07, 20:59
Hi June,

HisKi (Nykarleby - Uusikaarlepyy)

29.10.1736 31.10.1736 Soklot Lars Larsson Lisa Påvals:d:r Anders

13.11.1766 Ibidern Bd:s: Anders Larss: Gertruds Bd:d: Susanna Sim: Nors

4.5.1809 14.5.1809 Såkl: Jöns Gertrud g: husb: Anders Larss: feber 73y

10.12.1824 19.12.1824 Socklot Bd: ea: Susanna Simonsd:r Jöngertruds ålder 83y 5m 1d

HisKi (Nykarleby - Uusikaarlepyy) - period 1730-1760, has 6 kids for Simon Simonsson Nors. See above post and I rechecked just now.

Erickson's birth estimate (b. 1741) is probably based on her age given at death.

HisKi (Nykarleby - Uusikaarlepyy) - period 1760-1800 has no kids for this marriage (Anders & Susanna).

Is this just a "stub entry" in his database - or does he have a descent from Anders & Susanna ???

Susanna Simmonsdotter Nors (b. 1741) is quite possibly the same as the Susanna born in 1743, with exact dating in last HisKi entry in above post.

If this is one of Erickson's ancestors, he needs to do more work - CB's &c.

JMM

June Pelo
30-05-07, 21:46
Susanna Nors' husband was Anders Larsson Gertruds, b. 1736, Soklot, and I think Anders' father was Vincent's 5th ggfather. I don't know how active Vincent is with his genealogy, but you could write to him. I think he's a member of SFHS - don't think he joined Finlander. But some of his data could be on Talko.

June

June Pelo
30-05-07, 21:51
I just checked the members and Vincent is a member, listed as Vincent Erickso. You could send him a PM, although he has never submitted anything to Finlander. He uses a laptop for correspondence, but not sure if he does any genealogy with it.

June

June Pelo
31-05-07, 02:26
Anders was a farmer with his brother Johan at Jöns-Gertruds. Anders Gertruds and Susanna Nors had a daughter Maria, b. 19 Jan 1774, married to Anders Jakobsson, b. 20 Jul 1777, from Karby. They had son Jakob, b. 5 Sep 1810, whose son Anders, b. 1847, took the name Olin.

June

jmmccart99
31-05-07, 05:33
Hi June,

You make me work tonite; but you have done much more for me in the past.

An exact birthdate is helpful here. It seems that the brothers & wives have been switched. So, from HisKi, there is no Nors ancestry.

This part is correct from HisKi: "Maria, b. 19 Jan 1774, married to Anders Jakobsson, b. 20 Jul 1777, from Karby. They had son Jakob, b. 5 Sep 1810, whose son Anders, b. 1847"

This part is NOT correct from HisKi: "Anders Gertruds and Susanna Nors had a daughter Maria, b. 19 Jan 1774"

HisKi has parents as Johan Larss: & Caren Mats:d:r. So also, 1801 g.m. E:a: Maria Johans:d:r & same in kids' baptisms.

.................................................. ...........

!!! 19.1.1774 23.1.1774 Storsoklot Jöns Gertrud: Johan Larss: Caren Mats:d:r Maria
!!! 20.7.1777 20.7.1777 Carby Lars Knuts Jacob Daniels: Caren Anders:d:r Anders

!!! g.m. 22.11.1801 Storsåk: n:k: Anders Jacobs: Lars Knuts E:a: Maria Johans:d:r
1.3.1803 3.3.1803 Stor Soklot Jöns Gertrud Anders Jakobs:s: Maria Joh:d:r 29 Susanna Catharina
17.2.1807 20.2.1807 Soklot Jöns Gertrud Anders Jakobs:s: Maria Joh:d:r 33 Margareta
!!! 5.9.1810 9.9.1810 Storsoklot Jöns Gert: And: Jakobs:s: Maria Joh:d:r 36 Jakob
11.9.1813 12.9.1813 Stor Soklot Jöns Gert Anders Jakobs:s: Maria Joh:d:r 39 Johan

!!! 24.12.1847 29.12.1847 Socklot Gertruds sexm:b: Jac: Andss: Greta Sofia And:d:r 33 Anders

.................................................. ...........
[couldn't find a marriage at Nykarleby for this couple: sexm:b: Jac: Andss: & Greta Sofia And:d:r ]

23.3.1838 23.3.1838 Socklot Gertruds b. Jac. And.ss. Greta Sofia And.dr. 24 Anna Maja
7.5.1839 8.5.1839 Socklot Gertruds b. Jac. And.ss. Greta Lisa [?] 24 Anders
original - ALKUPKOMM: +
4.12.1840 6.12.1840 Socklot Gertruds b. Jac. And.ss. Greta Sofia 26 Stina Sofia
3.8.1843 6.8.1843 Socklot Gertruds bd: Jacob Andss: Sofia And:d:r 27 Jacob
25.12.1845 26.12.1845 Socklot Gertruds bd: Jacob Andss: Sofia Andersd:r 31 Greta
original - ALKUPKOMM: vac:
!!! 24.12.1847 29.12.1847 Socklot Gertruds sexm:b: Jac: Andss: Greta Sofia And:d:r 33 Anders
8.11.1849 12.11.1849 Socklot Gertruds bd: Jac: Andss: Gertruds Greta And:d:r 35 Johan

--------------------------------------------------
Data for Johan Larsson & Karin Matts:d:r

Nykarleby - Uusikaarlepyy - married
Years 1750 - 1760
Man's first name: JO* => Jacob, Joakim, Johan, Johannes, Jonas, Jones, Josef, Jöran, Johanss:
Man's patronymic: LAR* => Lars

28.11.1750 Carby Drg: Jacob Larss: Raji Anna Dordi Johans:d:r Eek
!!! g.m. 23.10.1756 Stor Såklot Johan Larss: Ollilla Carin Matts:d:r

A total of 2 events found.

Note: 1756 Johan Larss: Ollilla

Nykarleby - Uusikaarlepyy - christened
Years 1750 - 1800
Father's first name: JOHAN => Johan, Johannes, Johanss:
Father's patronymic: LAR* => Lars

6.5.1758 7.5.1758 Storsoklot Jöns Gertruels Johan Larsson Karin Matts:d:r Elisabet
17.7.1759 22.7.1759 Storsoklot Jöns och Gertruds Johan Lars:s: Carin Matts:d:r Catharina
* 23.6.1760 24.6.1760 Stor Såklot Jöns getruds Johan Larsson Susanna Matts:d:r [?] Jakobus
16.1.1762 17.1.1762 Socklott Bund Gertruds Joh: Larsson Carin Matz:d:r Marja
23.4.1763 24.4.1763 Stor Såklot Jöns o. Gertruds Joh: Larsson Carin Matz:d:r Valborg
24.10.1764 25.10.1764 Stor Såkl: från Jöns o. Jertrud Joh: Larss: Carin Matts:d:r Anna
25.7.1766 27.7.1766 Stor Såck: Jöns o Gertrud Johan Larsson Carin Mats:d:r Margar:
1.11.1767 1.11.1767 Stor Såk:t Jöns o Gertrud Johan Larsson Carin Mats:d:r Anders
27.11.1769 28.11.1769 Stor Sok:t Jöns och Getruds Johan Larss: Carin Mats:d:r Johannes
5.3.1771 5.3.1771 Stor Såk:t Jöns et Gertruds: Johan Larsson Carin Mats:d:r Susanna
30.8.1772 31.8.1772 Stor Soc:t Jöns Gertrud: Johan Larson Caren Mats:d:r Maria
30.8.1772 31.8.1772 Stor Soc:t Jöns Gertrud: Johan Larson Caren Mats:d:r Anna
!!!! 19.1.1774 23.1.1774 Storsoklot Jöns Gertrud: Johan Larss: Caren Mats:d:r Maria
*22.1.1775 24.1.1775 Storsåkl: Jöns Gertr: Johan Larsson Kaisa Mats:d:r [?] Johannes
2.7.1777 4.7.1777 Storsoclot Jöns Gertrud: Johan Larson Caren Matts:d:r Andreas

.................................................. ..........................
None of these fit Anders Larsson + Susanna Simonsson (as I said - no kids for them in HisKi

Nykarleby - Uusikaarlepyy - christened
Years 1750 - 1800
Father's first name: AND* => Anders, Andus
Father's patronymic: LAR* => Lars
Born Christened Village Farm Father Mother Child

6.8.1750 10.8.1750 Ytterjepo Knuts Anders Lars:s: Susanna Hans:d:r Susanna
7.9.1751 8.9.1751 Ytterjepo Knuus Anders Lars:s: Susanna Hans:d:r Margareta
8.9.1752 11.9.1752 Ytterjepo Knus Anders Larsson Susanna Hans:d:r Abraham
29.5.1753 31.5.1753 Ytter Jepo Bäck And: Larsson Karin Eriks:d:r Erikus
8.2.1754 10.2.1754 Ytter Jepo Knuts And: Larsson Susanna Hans:d:r Maria
21.9.1760 24.9.1760 Ytterjepo Knuts. Andus Larsson Susanna Hans:d:r Catharina
24.12.1774 25.12.1774 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larss: Susan: Jacobs:d:r Catharina
19.12.1775 20.12.1775 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larson Susanna Jac:d:r Britha
5.2.1776 6.2.1776 Kofjoki Petas: Anders Larsson Anna Simons:d:r Andreas
4.5.1777 7.5.1777 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larsson Susanna Jac:d:r Susanna
14.7.1778 15.7.1778 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larson Susanna Jacs:d:r Maria Lisa
14.7.1778 15.7.1778 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larson Susanna Jacs:d:r Anna
5.7.1780 9.7.1780 Storsoclot Ahlnäs Tp: Anders Larss: Lisa Henrics:d:r Petrus
10.7.1780 13.7.1780 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larss: Susan: Jac:d:r Elisabeth
31.3.1782 1.4.1782 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larsson Susanna Jak:d:r Jakob
17.5.1784 20.5.1784 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larsson Susanna Jak:d:r Erik
16.2.1786 17.2.1786 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larsson Susanna Jak:d:r Kristina
10.6.1786 11.6.1786 Kofjoki Marcken Anders Larsson Carin Joh:d:r Johan
10.8.1787 12.8.1787 Kofjoki Finne Anders Larsson Susanna Jak:d:r Margeta
16.3.1788 21.3.1788 Kofjoki Marcken Anders Larsson Caisa Joh:d:r Jakob
7.6.1789 8.6.1789 Kofjoki Marcken Anders Larsson Karin Joh:d:r Johan
3.12.1791 4.12.1791 Kofjoki Marken Anders Lars:son Kaisa Joh:d:r Simon
25.8.1793 26.8.1793 Kofjoki Marcken And: Larsson Caisa Joh:d:r 35 Maria
1.8.1795 3.8.1795 Kofvijoki Marken And: Larsson Kath: Joh:d:r 37 Maria
15.1.1798 21.1.1798 Kovijoki Tp: Anders Larsson Kaisa Joh:d:r 37 Anders
15.1.1798 21.1.1798 Kovijoki Tp: Anders Larsson Kaisa Joh:d:r 37 Catharina

A total of 26 events found.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Looks like Erickson's line is not a line back to Nors.

JMM

PS: I will be away for the next couple of days. "Vacation" in Marquette.

jmmccart99
31-05-07, 06:46
History of Gertruds Hemman - Soklot

Note: from history (below): 1735 - Matts Simonsson Ollila, från Lappajärvi. Hej, June - you may have something on this Lappajärvi family. This is the male line back of both Johan and Anders Larsson. Looks like the whole package in summary.

This (from below) agrees with HisKi:

1723-1735
Matts Simonsson Ollila från Savo by i Lappajärvi upptar hemmanet efter stora ofreden. År 1735 även Jönsas hemmanet. Hustru: Walborg Thomasdotter.

1736-1765
Lars Mattsson Gertruds, son till förra bonden, född 1707. Hustru: Lisa Pährsdotter, född 1701. Båda hemmanen antecknade under Gertruds från år 1735.

1765-1793
Johan Larsson Gertruds, son till förra bonden, född 1732 på Gertruds i Socklot, död där före 1810. Hustru: Carin Mattsdotter Högväg, född 1735 i Ytterjeppo, död 1809 i Socklot. Son Jakob, född 1760. Hemmanet skattar 1765-1774 för endast 1/4 mantal varför det ena hemmanet (Jönsas?) troligen låg öde.

Från år 1793 finns två bönder på Gertruds. Hemman A, 7/24 mantal (Ollila?) brukas av förra bondens son Jakob, och hemman B, 7/24 mantal (Gertruds?) av farbrodern Anders Larsson.

HEMMAN A

1793-1809
Jakob Johansson Gertruds, son till förra bonden, född 1760 i Socklot, död där 1809. Hustru: Brita Andersdotter Nors, född 1762 i Socklot.

1809-1816
Brita Andersdotter, änka efter förra bonden Jakob Johansson.

.................................................. ................
HEMMAN B

1793-1809
Anders Larsson, bror till förra bonden, född 1736 i Socklot, död 1809 på Gertruds. Hustru: Susanna Simonsdotter Nors, född 1741 i Socklot, död 1824 på Gertruds.

1810-1833
Anders Jakobsson, född 1777 på Lars Knuts i Karby, död 1833 på Gertruds. Hustru: änkan Maria Johansdotter, född 1774 i Socklot.

1833- 7/48 mtl.
Jakob Andersson Gertruds, son till förra bonden Anders Jakobsson, född 1810 på Gertruds. Sexman. Hustru: 1837, Greta Sofia Andersdotter Skutnabba, född 1814 i Pedersöre.

1810-1833 (Gertruds, &c.)
Anders Jakobsson, född 1777 på Lars Knuts i Karby

see - Lars Knuts (below); HisKi (Nykarleby-Uusikaarlepyy) has:

20.7.1777 20.7.1777 Carby Lars Knuts Jacob Daniels: Caren Anders:d:r Anders

g.m 26.10.1775 Carby Larscnuts b:s: Jacob Daniels: B:d: Caren Anders:d:r

1773-1805
Daniel Johansson Bjong, född 1725 i Kronoby, död 1805 i Karby. Nämndeman. Hustru: Maria Johansdotter, född 1732 i Kronoby.
Hemmanets storlek 1/6 mantal.

HisKi (Kronoby-Kruunupyy)

7.6.1757 9.6.1757 Bjon Danjel Johansson Hustru Maria Johans dotter Jacob

g.m. 25.10.1749 Bjon Bondeson Danjel Johansson Pigan Maria Johans dotter Svinkrok

So, Anders Jakobsson is a "Bjong" and "Svinkrok" - looks like he was related to a few on this Forum.

Someone else will have to follow up and these leads - or, maybe someone already has all of this.

------------------------------------------------
Socklot. Hemman och husbönder 1548-1850 av Rudolf Olson.
19. GERTRUDS

Hemmanets storlek 1 mantal. Också detta hemman var ursprungligen två hemman, Jönsas och Gertruds, där vardera hemmanets storlek var 1/2 mantal.

På 17- och 1800-talen kallades hemmanet i kyrkböckerna även för Jönsas-Gertrudz eller Jöns-Gertruds.

Jönsasnamnet har uppkommit efter Jöns Jönsson som var bonde i Socklot 1629-1671. Ännu år 1785 omnämns detta hemman som "Jöns Jönssons hemman".

Hemmansnamnet Gertruds härstammar från bonden Per Erikssons hustru Gertrud som är antecknad som änka på hemmanet i hela 30 år, 1634-1664.
BÖNDER PÅ HEMMANEN

JÖNSAS
1713-1735
Under stora ofreden låg hemmanet öde och troligen ända fram till år 1735.

1735-
Matts Simonsson Ollila, från Lappajärvi, på Gertruds upptar Jönsas hemman som sedan skrivs under denna hemmansnummer.
GERTRUDS
1713-1735
Hemmanet öde under stora ofreden.

1723-1735
Matts Simonsson Ollila från Savo by i Lappajärvi upptar hemmanet efter stora ofreden. År 1735 även Jönsas hemmanet. Hustru: Walborg Thomasdotter.

1736-1765
Lars Mattsson Gertruds, son till förra bonden, född 1707. Hustru: Lisa Pährsdotter, född 1701. Båda hemmanen antecknade under Gertruds från år 1735.

1765-1793
Johan Larsson Gertruds, son till förra bonden, född 1732 på Gertruds i Socklot, död där före 1810. Hustru: Carin Mattsdotter Högväg, född 1735 i Ytterjeppo, död 1809 i Socklot. Son Jakob, född 1760. Hemmanet skattar 1765-1774 för endast 1/4 mantal varför det ena hemmanet (Jönsas?) troligen låg öde.

Från år 1793 finns två bönder på Gertruds. Hemman A, 7/24 mantal (Ollila?) brukas av förra bondens son Jakob, och hemman B, 7/24 mantal (Gertruds?) av farbrodern Anders Larsson.

HEMMAN A

1793-1809
Jakob Johansson Gertruds, son till förra bonden, född 1760 i Socklot, död där 1809. Hustru: Brita Andersdotter Nors, född 1762 i Socklot.

1809-1816
Brita Andersdotter, änka efter förra bonden Jakob Johansson.

1816-1823
Johan Eriksson, född 1797. Far: Erik Mickelsson, troligen landbonde på Gertruds före sonen. Mor: Stina Thomasdotter född 1763 i Kelviå. Hustru: Brita Lena Andersdotter Frill, född 1794 i Kyrkoby.

1823-1826
Anders Andersson, född 1781 i Härmä. Landbonde. Hustru: Lisa Andersdotter, född 1782 i Härmä.

1826-1827
Daniel Eriksson Levälä, född 1770 i Ytterjeppo, död 1848 på Heikfolk i Ytterjeppo. Landbonde, sedan torpare på Frill. Hustru: Carin Eriksdotter Bjon, född 1780 i Ytterjeppo, död 1845 på Frill i Kyrkoby.

1827-1838 7/48 mtl.
Erik Månsson Stormåns, född 1780 i Pedersöre. Hustru 1: Magdalena Johansdotter Stormåns, född 1784 i Pedersöre, död 1833 i Socklot. Hustru 2: Anna Magdalena Andersdotter, född 1814, död 1837.

1838-
Sigfrid Mickelsson Sigfrids, (Ollila-Siffris), född 1793 i Socklot, död 1881 på Gertruds. Hustru 1: änkan Susanna Mattsdotter Nors, född 1755 på Vik, död 1640 på Gertruds. Hustru 2: Caisa Stina Andersdotter Sorvist, född 1811 i Kyrkoby, död 1878 på Gertruds.

HEMMAN B

1793-1809
Anders Larsson, bror till förra bonden, född 1736 i Socklot, död 1809 på Gertruds. Hustru: Susanna Simonsdotter Nors, född 1741 i Socklot, död 1824 på Gertruds.

1810-1833
Anders Jakobsson, född 1777 på Lars Knuts i Karby, död 1833 på Gertruds. Hustru: änkan Maria Johansdotter, född 1774 i Socklot.

1833- 7/48 mtl.
Jakob Andersson Gertruds, son till förra bonden Anders Jakobsson, född 1810 på Gertruds. Sexman. Hustru: 1837, Greta Sofia Andersdotter Skutnabba, född 1814 i Pedersöre.

---------------------------------------------------------
History of Lars Knuts - Karby

Rudolf Olson (1998) Hemman och husbönder i byn Kovjoki och Strömmen 1550-1850 omfattande byarna Kovjoki och Markby i Nykarleby samt Karby i Pedersöre:

5. Lars Knuts (Knuts)

Hemmanet tidigare 3/4 mantal, men är 1778 noterat till endast 1/6 mantal.
Hemmansnummer 5, som ursprungligen var nummer 11 i byn Kovjoki och Strömmen.

Hemmansnamnet har sitt ursprung i bonden Lars Knutsson som var antecknad som bonde på hemmanet 1622-1629, men troligen i praktiken bonde på hemmanet långt tidigare trots att fadern Knut är antecknad som ägare till hemmanet 1571-1621, i hela 50 år.

BÖNDER PÅ HEMMANET:
1644-1740
Hemmanet öde i nästan 100 år!
Kronohemman 3/4 mantal.
1679 omnämns Lars Knuts hemman i en rannsakningslängd: "3/4 mantal, 50 år öde. Jacob Simonsson brukar för höslagning." 24) Åren 1730 och 1735 är hemmanet antecknat som öde.

24) Ines Kass: Släkt och Bygd Nr 30 /1986, sid. 78. Släktforskarföreningen i Jakobstad r.f.

1741-1773
Matts Persson, född 1708. Hustru 1: Anna Carlsdotter, född 1699. Hustru 2: Susanna Larsdotter, född 1709. Mågen Matts Larsson, hustru: Anna Mattsdotter.
Medåbo: Per Carlsson, född 1709, hustru: Maria Mattsdotter, född 1712.

1773-1805
Daniel Johansson Bjong, född 1725 i Kronoby, död 1805 i Karby. Nämndeman. Hustru: Maria Johansdotter, född 1732 i Kronoby.
Hemmanets storlek 1/6 mantal.

1810-1833 (Gertruds, &c.)
Anders Jakobsson, född 1777 på Lars Knuts i Karby

HisKi (Nykarleby-Uusikaarlepyy) has:

20.7.1777 20.7.1777 Carby Lars Knuts Jacob Daniels: Caren Anders:d:r Anders

g.m 26.10.1775 Carby Larscnuts b:s: Jacob Daniels: B:d: Caren Anders:d:r

HisKi (Kronoby-Kruunupyy)

7.6.1757 9.6.1757 Bjon Danjel Johansson Hustru Maria Johans dotter Jacob

g.m. 25.10.1749 Bjon Bondeson Danjel Johansson Pigan Maria Johans dotter Svinkrok

-----------------------------------------------
Good workout for the later evening

JMM

June Pelo
31-05-07, 21:34
I'm forwarding all this mail to Vincent to see if he wants to reply. I have bits and pieces of it, but he probably has the whole thing.

June