PDA

View Full Version : Sour cream and lemon pie

June Pelo
23-06-07, 20:25
Our newspaper sponsored a baking contest and my pie was one of the winners. They had someone bake the pie and my picture and the recipe appeared in the paper. See attached.

June

June Pelo
23-06-07, 20:34
The recipe wasn't very legible, so here it is:

SOUR CREAM AND LEMON PIE

1 c. sugar
3 tbs cornstarch
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. lemon juice
grated rind 1 lemon
3 egg yolks
1 c. milk
1 c. sour cream
baked 8-inch pie shell
whipped topping

Combine first 2 ingredients in pan. Add next 5 ingredients and cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Chill. Fold sour cream into mixture and spoon into baked pie shell. Chill. Serve with whipped topping. Could use a lemon pie mix and just add sour cream after cooling.

June :)

I also have a yummy fudge pie that also won a prize, if anyone is interested.

SusanR
06-07-07, 16:02
Congrats. That sounds and looks so good. My Dad likes Lemon Pie, maybe I will make it for him.

Susan

PS: I am sure my daughte would like the Fudge Pie.

June Pelo
06-07-07, 21:50
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate pieces, melted
2 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp rum extract
1/4 c. flour
1 c. broken walnuts
9-inch unbaked pie shell (or graham cracker crust)

Cream butter with sugar; beat in eggs, one at a time. Add melted chocolate, coffee and rum. Stir in flour and walnuts; turn mixture into pie shell. Top with walnuts, if desired. Bake 375 25 minutes. Cool. Top with whipped cream.

If you're a chocoholic, this is like eating a piece of fudge - yum... :)

June

SusanR
07-07-07, 05:43
yummy - that looks good too - I would just have to leave out the nuts (can't eat them).

Now, I have 2 pies to make but I think I will wait til it cools down here - we are actually having a hot streak of weather - tomorrow is strawberry picking time then jam time!!!

Susan