PDA

View Full Version : Frans Henric Henricsson in Ishpeming?

Kalle
06-07-07, 01:42
Hello: I am looking for my gr-grandmother's brother. Her siblings and she came to the Ishpeming area from Finland. Her family left for Oregon soon after but most of the other siblings stayed in the UP.
I recently found info that the last sibling, Frans Henric Henricsson born October 30 1874 in Isojoki came to America in June 1906 and died August 8, 1908 in America. I think he probably came to the Ishpeming area and likely died there. He may have used the last name Sorvari or Kuivakoski.
Anyone know of this in the Ishpeming area?
Thanks for your help.
Kalle

Karen Norwillo
06-07-07, 21:21
Kalle,
I found in the Border Crossings: From Canada to US 1895-1956

Frans Koski
6 Mar 1906 arrived Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada from Liverpool, SS Tunisian
age 30, born about 1876, Finnish from Isojoki, laborer, single
destination Ishpeming, MI to cousin Jos. Lammi 758 Michigan St. Ishpeming.

This sounds like he could be the man you're looking for.

I found Joseph Lammi and his wife Hilda in Ishpeming and Kingsford, MI. WWI Draft Registration has his birth as 2 Apr 1875 in Finland. 1910, he's a miner in Ishpeming, 1930, he works for Ford Motors in Kingsford.
Karen

Kalle
06-07-07, 21:47
Hello Karen:
Thank you for looking at this. This Frans Koski could be the sibling of my gr-grandma. The time he came to America and his age are about right. My gr-grandma's sister Hilda married this Joseph Lammi.
I guess it's hard to say if the record was incorrect, stating Frans was coming to his cousin Joseph Lammi instead of his brother in law. Or, if Joseph Lammi had a cousin Frans Koski also from Isojoki?
But if I had to guess I think it is the brother of my gr-grandma. And the brother in law of Joseph Lammi.
Thanks for your help.
Kalle