PDA

View Full Version : Roininen/Kinnunen/Holappa

Denise
14-08-07, 22:02
Hi,
I'm looking for information on the following families.
I have a Heikki Kinnunen, b. abt. 1864-1866 married to Anna Roininen, b. 26 June 1875 in Oulu?, Finland, d. 12 May 1941 in Osceola, Houghton County, Michigan. The Kinnunen name was changed to Kinonen in America. Anna's parents were Johan (Juho) Roininen and Elsia? Greta Holappa. I believe they were from the Province of Oulu. Does anyone know anything of these families?

Any help will be much appreciated! :D

Thank-you,
Denise

Denise
14-08-07, 22:15
Hi,
Forgot to mention that I have the 1910 census on this family which I have attached. On another census (1930) Heikki (Henry) Kinnunen's immigration date and age were different; the reason for my uncertainty of his birth year and immigration to America, as well as his spouse Anna's.

Thank-you,
Denise

Denise
17-08-07, 05:06
Hi,
I just received a copy of Heikki Kinnunen's son Arthur Ernest's, birth. The surname for Heikki is spelled KINNUSEN. I've found just a handful of Kinnusen's in Tohmajärvi on HisKi. Maybe this will help others in my search for the family ancestry? :)

Thank-you,
Denise

JDKotila
25-08-07, 19:05
Denise,

I found this bit of information on the FamilySearch.org. This must be your Anna Roininen's sister:

ELIZABETH ROININEN
born: Finland
Father: Johanes Roininen
Mother: Greeta Alappa

Spouse: Jaakko Winkka
married: April 20th, 1907 Calumet, Houghton Co. Mich.

Denise
25-08-07, 19:30
Hi JDKotila,
Thank-you for the info. I always forget about that site when searching for myself, but always seem to check it when helping others! :D

I appreciate your time and effort.
Sincerely,
Denise