PDA

View Full Version : Petrus Michaelis Arctophilacius - Calamnius

Lasse1951
24-08-07, 01:08
Hi all fellow researchers,

As a member of the Calamnius Family Association, I once again query you all about information on Calamnius descendants.
About a year ago I made this same query, and we got a good response, but we're not near the whole truth, there is a lot of branches unveiled to us. Our problem is that we don't have the resources to go through the official ways of discovering and researching our relatives abroad, so we're calling for your help. This doesn't exclude missing information from within Finland, it's equally wellcome.

We have about 40000 persons, (including the parents of married into the family people), but we believe that there is more to find.

Our intension is to find and document "all" descendants of Petrus Michaelis Arctophilacius.

To all of you who have provided us with your information, we're greatful and you don't have to resubmit it, unless there are additional information or corrections.
On www.sursill.net you can find what we have today, maybe you can see some unfinnished branches where you can help us in our goal, there might also be branches that is totally missing from our databases. NOTE! We don't publish anything other than the names, more detailed information can be submitted on request if you can prove that you are a Calamnius/Arctophilacius descandant. Mail your request to lasse*the-holms.org

The Calamnius Family Association's webpages can be found at www.calamnius.fi

Regards,

Lars J W Holm
www.sursill.net and www.the-holms.org

June Pelo
24-08-07, 23:30
Lasse,

I took a quick glance at your Sursill page and have found that I have data on a few of the names - data you don't have. I wish there was a list of names or some easier way to view what you have - it's so cumbersome scrolling through those charts. I'll put something together after I review the rest of the charts - I've only managed to read one of them.

June

Lasse1951
25-08-07, 00:43
Lasse,

I took a quick glance at your Sursill page and have found that I have data on a few of the names - data you don't have. I wish there was a list of names or some easier way to view what you have - it's so cumbersome scrolling through those charts. I'll put something together after I review the rest of the charts - I've only managed to read one of them.

June

Thanks June,

Anything missing is allways welcome additions.

I havn't found any better way to present the data than those charts, it's simply so much that creating only one chart or even a list of names, would be a so big file that most users wont be able to open it in their browsers, and then again I havn't figured out any way to get only the names because of the laws and personal integrity that eu and our own state puts on us family researchers today.

Lasse

b hietala
25-08-07, 06:25
A search mechanism would be nice... So many names to scroll through

BH

Lasse1951
25-08-07, 10:51
A search mechanism would be nice... So many names to scroll through

BH

Hi,

Most browsers have search possibilities, Internet Explorer and Firefox uses CTRL-F for the initial search, and to jump to the next match use the function key F3

Lasse

b hietala
27-08-07, 19:00
... Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about that and I've been messing with this computer for a couple years now. And I thought I was about to break out of the ranks of the computer illiterate. Guess not. :) BH