PDA

View Full Version : Searching Stopped by Brick Wall

Carl Knutilla
02-09-07, 02:26
Hi..

I'm in a situation now in my reseach of my family tree, on my fathers side. His parents came from Finland in 1900 (Grandfather) 1901 (Grandmother) from Piippola. Grandpa's name here was Andrew Knutilla b- 1/1/1871. Grandma's maiden name was Miina Ollanketo b- 6/11/1874. Great Grandfather was Johan Knuutila b- 1/24/1836, his wifes name may have been Anna Sophia Kujanpaa b-3/19/1839. I would like whatever Information that maybe available on these two families. Brothers and Sisters both sides of the tree. Like to have the Name, Birthdate, Marriage Date, (to whom) Death Date (where at and cause).

If there is a Internet Link that would show this information I could use that.

Appreciate

Carl Knutilla
mkck66*aol.com

granskare
02-09-07, 04:19
http://www.digiarkisto.org/sshy/index_eng.htm

this is like the Swedish genline only it is free. You can downline scans of the black books. Give it a try.
try Oulainen because parish lines were a lot different back then. My dad's mother was from Alatornio according to the church book in Republic but on HISKI it's Ylitornio - there was a split.
You might get lucky there. My dad's step mother came from Pippola, she was Christina Jarrela Mikkoven according to LDS and the 'Republic church she was Kristina Mikolan (but you know that Finnish word endings change depending on usage).
Yeah, I'd try Oulainen for yours.
BAD LUCK RIGHT NOW:
Rippikirja 1855-1864 Mko 90-105 Aa 14
Rippikirja 1876-1881 Mko 124-132 Aa 17
Rippikirja 1876-1881 Mko 133-141 Aa 18
You want 1871 so sorry, 1874 so sorry again but,
Rippikirja 1831-1837 Mko 64-71 Aa 11
Gives you 1836 :)
doesn't look right. So you want province number 17 and see if you can find something close to Pippola. I have a big map but bad luck. Maybe you can help me find the parish that contains Pippola :)
http://www.histdoc.net/uscha/index.html
This is ah 1898 online kap. Just select P in the left frame and scroll down to the 2nd Pippola and voila you have it but maybe it is the lst Pippola. I just found it, a bit north of Kemi so ought to be in Alatornio parish - well, I have to quit now :( of course one more try. Alatornio list 1, alphabetical index. Try the last 2 letter K. Hard to read but...

Carl Knutilla
03-09-07, 06:50
Hello And Thanks for the Message, Don't know if the complete Message arrived. this is like the Swedish genline only it is free. You can downline scans of the black books. Give it a try.
try Oulainen because parish lines were a lot different back then. This is what the first line of the message looks like. How do I get to the Link to see these black books.

Carl