PDA

View Full Version : Edward + Anna Johanna Sand in Oroville, Washington

StefanJ
01-10-07, 12:53
Has anybody additional information???

My grandfathers aunt Anna Johanna Johansdotter Kisor was born 14.12.1872 in Pedersöre and married Edward Andersson Sand from Kvevlax born 1881. Edward went to USA and Anna Johanna Sand followed him 1909. According to Ellis Island records she arrived Aug 28 1909 in New York on her way to husband Ed Andersson Sand in Oroville, Washington. What happened to them??

StefanJ

bert
01-10-07, 19:12
Hi
Anna Johanna Johansdotter Kisors father was Johan Henriksson Kisor and mother
Anna Magdalena Andersdotter .I haven´t find anymore data about them.
BR
Bert Lindvall

Karen Norwillo
01-10-07, 19:43
I think this may be your Anna and Edward. Looks like they used Anderson in the US. Dates match and year of Anna's emigration. They are in Golden, Okanogan, Washington. You'll notice in 1910 they live on Oroville Road. Karen

Karen Norwillo
01-10-07, 20:45
Here is the birth date of Lilly Anderson from the WA Birth Index.
Lilly Anderson born 12 July 1910 to Edward Anderson and Hannah Hendrickson in Okanogan county, WA.
There is a Victor E Anderson born abt 1916 who appears on the WA Death Index, died 10 Apr 1950 in Okanogan county.
I found an Edvart Sand arriving port of Quebec, age 20, married, laborer, Finland, dest. friend Johan Gustafson, Duluth, MN, on SS Ionian, left Liverpool 15 May 1902, arrived Quebec 24 May 1902. Emigrant Register has him leaving Hango 10 May 1902.Possibly went to MN before WA.
I also found an Edward Anderson arriving at the port of Oroville, WA. April 1913. He is 32, married, laborer, last residence Summerland, Canada, no relatives in Canada, Finnish, destination Oroville, WA. Possibly went to Canada for work??? Just thought the Oroville connection might be him.
Karen

Karen Norwillo
01-10-07, 20:59
Found a picture taken last year of Main St Oroville and Osoyoos Lake in Oroville.

StefanJ
02-10-07, 09:50
Karen!

You seem to have found my relatives! Everything fits. No letters or other contacts have been found in the house of Annas parents (today my house)except for a postcard from 1909 that Anna Johanna wrote from the port of Hangö in Finland to her parents. Many thanks!

StefanJ