PDA

View Full Version : Carl Erickson, Nykarleby

June Pelo
01-10-07, 23:41
I have a request for help finding information about Carl Erickson, b. 1842 in Nykarleby:

Carl Erickson was my great grandfather. On his marriage certificate on 22/10/1870, his age was listed as 28 years. On his naturalisation application dated 2/12/1873, his age was listed as 31 years. On his death certificate on 15/1/1894, his age was listed as 50 years. His death certificate states his mother as Hannah Sophie Erickson. His marriage certificate states his mother as Eliza Nichoils.

The above shows two different mothers? His age on the marriage and naturalisation makes his birth as 1842. His death age makes his birth as 1843/1844?

He migrated from Canada to Australia on the "Lady Bowen", arriving 12/12/1867. His migration records show his birth place as Uusikaarlepvy/Nykarleby, birth province Vaasan laani. His occupation is listed as mariner.

Sometime between his birth and 1867 he went from Finland to Canada. I was told by my grandmother, Carl's daughter, that he had a sister called Annetta.

I tried to find Carl in HisKi, but didn't find anyone who matched the name and date and mother's name. I didn't find the name Annetta anywhere. Does anyone have suggestions for her?

June