PDA

View Full Version : Karl Fredik Back from Jungsund

christer
14-10-07, 16:01
Looking for Karl Fredrik Back born June 29 1860 in Jungsund.He moved to Kvevlax 1881 and emigrated to Amerika 1896. Passport Jan 15 1896, left wife in Finland. Could not find any passenger record at Emigrantinstitut or Ellis Island. Karl Fredrik is the brother of my greatgrandpa Johan Vilhelm Back.

Christer

Karen Norwillo
14-10-07, 17:47
Christer,
Do you know his father's name? Often found under his patronymic rather than Bäck. Karen

christer
14-10-07, 18:44
Hi Karen
His fathers name was Johan Fredric Back and i hope he didnt take the name Johnson in US.
christer

Denise
17-10-07, 23:08
Hi Christer,
I've been searching for Karl Fredrik Back for a few days now on Ancestry, LDS, etc. and I've come to the conclusion that there is either a problem with the passenger records of 1896, or they came through Canada, and the Canadian Archives and Library doesn't have their passenger manifests transcribed yet. The reason I come to that conclusion is because I've been searching for a friend in the year 1896 for a missing ancestor, and have yet to find him. I've started checking the Canadian Archives for Karl, page by page; some are so blurry that they can't be read and hopefully they get them transcribed soon, as many of my ancestors came through Canada also, and then travelled on to Michigan that way. My great-grandfather also came in the year 1896 and that is where I finally found him. http://www.collectionscanada.ca/

I'll get back with you on this as soon as I have gone thru the records for that year. :)

Denise