PDA

View Full Version : Tenjooberrymuds

June Pelo
30-10-07, 17:54
This is a hoot .... sad, because it is TRUE . but a hoot!!!! By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND "TENJOOBERRYMUDS"...

In order to continue getting-by in America (our home land), we all need to learn the NEW English language! Practice by reading the following conversation until you are able to understand the term "TENJOOBERRYMUDS".

With a little patience, you'll be able to fit right in. Now, here goes...

The following is a telephone exchange between maybe you as a hotel guest and call room-service somewhere in the good old U S A today......

Room Service : "Morrin. Roon sirbees."

Guest: "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."

Room Service: " Rye. Roon sirbees...morrin! Joowish to oddor sunteen???"

Guest: "Uh..... Yes, I'd like to order bacon and eggs."

Room Service: "Ow July den?"

Guest: ".....What??"

Room Service: "Ow July den?!?... pryed, boyud, poochd?"

Guest: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry.. scrambled, please."

Room Service: "Ow July dee baykem? Crease?"

Guest: "Crisp will be fine."

Room Service: "Hokay. An Sahn toes?"

Guest: "What?"

Room Service: "An toes. July Sahn toes?"

Guest: "I... don't think so."

RoomService: "No? Judo wan sahn toes???"

Guest: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means."

RoomService: "Toes! Toes!...Why Joo don Juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?"

Guest: "Oh, English muffin!!! I've got it! You were saying 'toast'... Fine...Yes, an English muffin will be fine."

RoomService: "We bodder?"

Guest: "No, just put the bodder on the side."

RoomService: "Wad?!?"

Guest: "I mean butter... just put the butter on the side."

RoomService: "Copy?"

Guest: "Excuse me?"

RoomService: "Copy...tea..meel?"

Guest: "Yes. Coffee, please... and that's everything."

RoomService: "One Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin, we bodder on sigh and copy ... rye??"

Guest: "Whatever you say."

RoomService: "Tenjooberrymuds."

Guest: "You're welcome"

Remember I said "By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND 'TENJOOBERRYMUDS' ".....and you do, don't you!

June

Jaska Sarell
30-10-07, 23:04
Process of reading went like this:
1. :eek:
2. :mad:
3. :confused:
4. :(
5. :o
6. :p
7. :cool:
8. :D

June, thank you very much, indeed!

:) Jaska

sune
31-10-07, 11:07
Finally Finglish seems to have come right out of the Oxford dictionary in comparison to this everyday English.

Sune

Karen Norwillo
31-10-07, 17:22
June,
I can't count the number of times I've called a company customer service and had to tell the person on the other end that I couldn't understand what they were saying. Sad. But then, could be they're in a foreign country. I've been so tempted to say "how's the weather in ****** today?"

Jaska Sarell
31-10-07, 21:14
Sune, that "sounds" more like Hinglish or Punglish :rolleyes:

:) Jaska

sune
31-10-07, 22:26
That's what I meant, Jaska. Finglish and Swenglish are closer to English than the examples June gave.

Sune

June Pelo
01-11-07, 00:40
If you've ever called Norton Anti-Virus with questions, you'll end up talking to someone in India who sounds just like what I posted. After I asked him to repeat almost everything he said, he wouldn't speak to me again so I hung up on him.
June

Karen Norwillo
01-11-07, 15:47
June,
You must have talked to the same person I did. Karen

Kaj Granlund
18-11-07, 22:58
Reminds me of a camera I bought on internet. There were parts missing, so I emailed the company the same day I got the camera. They had declared they could handle the European languages. So I wrote in Swedish. As I did send it from Finland they returned my email by saying I posted it to the wrong office. And I wrote back that it is their responsibility to pass the email to the desk where the person that can read Swedish is sitting. This time I got an answer that the person that could use Finnish had left the company so they couldn't understand what I was writing. After sending them an English response the Swedish speaking one informed me that she wasn't able to help me as I was living in Finland. After some more emails in English they informed me that as I hadn't contacted them immediately they were no longer able to send the missing parts - but I could order them!!!
After telling them I would turn to the police with all the emails they finally decided: as they wanted to show their "good service" they would send the parts.
Guess if I'm buying anything else from that place!