PDA

View Full Version : Sigfrid Sigfridsson Ohls

bert
17-11-07, 19:00
I have a question about Sigfrid Sigfridsson Ohls born at Juthas Nykarleby lkm at 18 dec. 1859 and died 21 may 1898 (where?) .He have living descendants in USA who wonder about that Rudolf Ohlsson have him died in Nykarleby lkm.Another question is if he have was married twice? I have a data who says that he married Anna Lovisa Henriksdotter Pellis born 11 Nov. 1860 in Forsby Pedersöre (Ytterpurmo) and died 15 jan 1923 in Wyoming Rock Springs.They could have used the name Yuthas (Juthas) in USA.Everything about the family are very appreciated .My contact in USA say they was learned theyr grandmothers name was Lena ,not Anna Lovisa and that his name was Sigfrid Yuthas.The tricky thing is that Anna Lovisa says was married a second time with a George Savage .:confused:

Karen Norwillo
18-11-07, 17:31
Here is Sigfrid Yuthas and family in Wyoming in 1910. Sigfrid was alive and a widower. His daughter's name was Leena. He also had 4 sons, John, Oskar, Henry and George. I am also attaching WWI Draft registration for Henry and John. Also 1930 census for Oskar. It looks like the family spent some time in PA before WY. I'll keep looking. Karen

Karen Norwillo
18-11-07, 18:08
1920 census has Oscar "Yatas" Yuthas born abt 1896 in PA as a lodger in Superior, Sweetwater, WY, parents born Finland, single. Found a John Sigfrid Yuthas born in TX. Will send PM as he's probably living. Couldn't find the family in 1900 as yet. Checked PA, OH and MD as 1910 shows children born in those states, except Leena in Finland.

Karen Norwillo
18-11-07, 18:22
Ancestry family trees shows a Lena Yuthas married to a Charles Blom, both born Finland. I found them on the 1930 census in WY. I think this could be your Lena. She had a huge family.

bert
18-11-07, 19:30
Karen
Thank you very much for helping me .I´m still very confused about the names .The american relatives thought theyr grandmothers name was Lena Yuthas and the grandfathers name was Sigfrid Yuthas and Lenas mothers name was Anna Lovisa .Maybe I have missed something there.Anna Lovisa says have been married a second times with a George Savage .Thanks again
Bert

Karen Norwillo
18-11-07, 20:55
Bert,
I'm afraid I'm abit confused also. That 1910 Census would have Sigfrid born about 1860 or so. He was a widower, which would have Anna Lovisa dying before 1923. Are the American contacts of yours the grandchildren of Leena, the daughter, born abt 1888? They may be confused about that marriage to a George Savage???? I'll keep looking. Karen

bert
18-11-07, 21:12
Hi Karen
Yes it makes me confused too .They called theyr grandmother for Lena but that can also was a shortening for Anna Evelina ,just a thought from me.I have find several diffrent birthday for her.11 july 1887 and 16 july 1887 and another source say about 1885.Sylvia Joniel Blom-Kimsey -Kennaday Family tree have a spouse to her at Charles E Blom or Emil Chrles Blom,sjblom or Sjöblom.I try a 14 day trial of Ancestry .com but I´m not familiare with the program yet.Thank you anyway for trying help me.I appreciate that very much.
Bert

Karen Norwillo
18-11-07, 21:32
Bert,
Yes, I saw that family tree. They have very little absolute information about Sigfrid Yuthas and Anna Lovisa, just approximate birth years.
Where did that 1923 death date for Anna Lovisa come from?
I found a Ladessa Johnson, 1928, in Nebraska in 1930. She is the daughter of James and Mary C Johnson. It would appear she may have married the Jack Yuthas, son of Oscar and Eliza. Jack is short for John. I found a John Yuthas born 17 Dec 1927 and died Dec 1968 on the SSDI. He was from WY. Perhaps the John S I sent you the PM about was their son??? Was Sigfrid's name John Sigfrid or just Sigfrid?
Karen

bert
18-11-07, 21:47
Karen
I have his names as Sigfrid Sigfridsson Ohls born 18 dec 1859 and died 21 may 1898.I have this from Rudolf Ohlssons book .I haven´t find this information at Hiski at all.I thought this data would have come up in the Levälä family books to but I haven´t check that yet.I will keep trying .
Bert

Karen Norwillo
18-11-07, 21:51
Bert,
That date is what I found on the LDS site. Says parents Sigfrid Jacobsson Ohls and Maria Hansdotter. Born Markens By Finne, Vaasa, Finland.

bert
18-11-07, 21:52
Karen
Juthas and Ohls was neighbour farms in Nykarleby lkm.
Bert

bert
18-11-07, 21:58
Karen
Did you find any data for (Maja) Maria Hansdotter Dob and death ?

bert
18-11-07, 22:00
Karen
I have date of birth to 14 june 1823 and died 23 aug 1888 for Maria Hansdotter

Karen Norwillo
19-11-07, 18:06
Bert,
I checked the WYGenWeb site and found Oscar Yuthas and his wife Eliza in the Rock Springs City Cemetery. You can get a copy of the tombstone information for $3.00 and a SASE. They were the only Yuthas listed in that cemetery. Here is the website for Sweetwater county. http://www.rootsweb.com/~wysweetw. You can get "lookups" through this site. I'm attaching a picture of Rock Springs from 1920's from the site.
LDS has Maria Hansdotter, daughter of Hans Matthsson and Brita Matthsdotter. No DOB. Died 3 Aug 1888. Married Sigfrid Jacobsson Ohls 20 Mar 1842 Forsby Sorvist, Vaasa, Finland.
Karen

bert
19-11-07, 18:50
Karen
Thank you again .I will forward this information to Charles Blom .:D
All the best
Bert

charleysjo
03-12-07, 03:50
Karen
I am the American who has been writing to Bert about this family. This is my main family line on my father's side. My grandmother was Anna Evelena 'Yuthas' Blom. She always went by the common name of Lena, and her maiden name was usually listed as Yuthas or Juthas.
Her mother was Anna Lovisa who according to our family records was married twice, once to Sigfrid Yuthas. She went by the Yuthas name except for the brief time she was married to George Savage. The reference to Sigfrid Yuthas in the Census you refer to was actually Lovisa, going by the first and last name of her first husband! As Bert indicated maybe she was using the feminie form of Sigfrid. i have a copy of her actual death certificate that was in 1923.
I am not sure what happened to George Savage, he seems to have been around for the birth of her sixith child, Mary Ellen Savage White and then disappears. She actually had five children with 'john sigfrid yuthas' one girl and four boys. The George that is referred to in the 1920 census was probably George Savage's son. This is a confusing family situation, which is hard to sort out. all but one of Lena's children have died, and so most of that information has passed into history.
i look forward to sharing more of this family if you are interested.
Bert and I have determined that we are probably fourth cousins once removed.

Charley Blom

bert
03-12-07, 06:07
Hi Charley
Welcome to the Forum ! I hope someone can help us to solve this problem for us.I haven´t was to Jakobstad yet for to check the church records more deeply what they say .Have a peaceful Advent .
Bert

charleysjo
10-12-07, 08:03
Bert & Karen
I will post in the next most of the material I have on my great grandmother and father. She was a confusing woman to say the least.
The death date in 1923 for her is good, as i have a copy of the state death certificate.
My aunts and uncles all said at various times in their lives, all but one are deceased, that my great grandmother Lovisa never used the surname Savage that they knew of. Thus this man was out of her life before they were born. By grandmother 'Lena' was married to my grandfather in 1907 in Rock Springs Wyoming, and began having children in 1908, and finished with a total of 8 children. The last boy being born in 1920.
This will be a good puzzle.
By the way Karen, a piece of this family knot is in PA! All the census records, and other researchers have Lena being born in Finland, and her brothers born in Bessemer, Pa and one being born in Ohio probably Ashtabula.
Charley Blom
searching: Sjöblom, Ohls, Juthas

Karen Norwillo
10-12-07, 17:35
Charley,
There are 3 Bessemer in PA, Allegheny, Westmoreland and Lawrence counties, but if one of the children was born in OH, Allehgeny county would be the most promising. Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh has birth registers for 1893-1905. For $5.00 you can get a copy of the registration. Karen

charleysjo
11-12-07, 04:23
Karen
thanks. i will contact the library after the first of the year.
Charley