PDA

View Full Version : Johan EMIL Johansson Svenfelt

cdahlin
02-01-08, 19:11
Hello!

Does anyone have information about this man from Larsmo, Finland, b. 1 Nov 1884 who emigrated to USA in 1907. His parents were Johan Jakobsson Svenfelt and Matilda Andersdotter Finholm.

Christian

Hakan
05-01-08, 18:39
Hello!

Does anyone have information about this man from Larsmo, Finland, b. 1 Nov 1884 who emigrated to USA in 1907. His parents were Johan Jakobsson Svenfelt and Matilda Andersdotter Finholm.

Christian

I suppose that Emil didn't use his new family name Svenfelt but the older Kaptens.
According to Ellis Island Emil Kaptens from Larsmo, Finland left Liverpool with the ship Adriatic May 16 1907 at the age of 22.
It is not sure did he finally use the name Kaptens or did he change it to a more English mode.

Håkan

Karen Norwillo
05-01-08, 21:14
Here's the ship's anifest for his arrival. Looks like he was travelling with an Otto Murmastär and going to friend Emil Anderson in Shelton, WA. Shelton is in Mason county. I'll keep looking. So far no luck. Karen

cdahlin
05-01-08, 22:23
The name Murmästar is from Larsmo, so I can understand that John Emil and Otto Murmästar were close friends. The family book of the Svenfelt families does not mention anything about him after his emigration.

Thanks so far, I will stay on waiting for something new about him.

Christian

Karen Norwillo
06-01-08, 01:12
There is the possibility that he used Johnson or Johanson. I found an Emil Johnson in 1910 in Elbe, Pierce, WA, Age 27,boarder, single, Finn, US 1907, logging camp. There are several Emil Johnsons in the WA Death Index all born in 1884, All in Seattle.

cdahlin
06-01-08, 12:34
Thanks Karen!

I suppose we can't get any further.

Christian