PDA

View Full Version : ELLI E.PAJARI nee JOKINEN in Helsinki

Ayla
02-01-08, 20:51
Hi,

Me again ;)

Denise has been an absolute star in tracing my great aunts in cousins in the USA. Now my search for one of them returns to Finland because it seems that 1 of the girls returned to Helsinki and died there in 2000.

I would love to find out where in Helsinki she is buried and if she had any children in the US or Finland. I have the death record for her, here in another thread so I know she died in Helsinki.

For any of our members in Finland, please can you tell me how I can go about finding any more information about Elli, where she was buried and if she had children? Whom would I need to contact in Helsinki?

Many thanks,

Ayla

Elli E. Pajari nee Jokinen
born 17.02.1914 Finland
died 14.09.2000 Helsinki

I am not 100% certain but I think her husband was Wilbur H Pajari
Cox US Coastguard WWII
b.13.01.1916
d.09.05.2005

This info is in another thread but I added it in case it helps.

Ayla
03-01-08, 20:15
I am still trying to find out if Elli had any children. I really don't know where to look, Finland or the USA. After the 1930 census there seems to be nothing else anywhere :(

I am including her photo taken in the 1920's. She was so pretty, like a 20's film star. You will see in the top left hand corner has written 'For my aunt Ester', (Ester is my grandmother.) In the bottom right is her name.

I am so sad that I couldn't find her before she died. She was my second cousin. The next best thing would be to find her children. Please, can anyone give me a push in the right direction.

Many thanks.

Ayla

P.S. Densie, I thought you may like to see Elli, put a name to a face, without you, I wouldn't have found anything about her in America. It was all such a long shot. I am going to Helsinki in August and I will try to find out where she is buried and visit her grave. (That's another question, who do I ask about finding out where one is buried in Helsinki?)

Kaarina
03-01-08, 21:34
I am still trying to find out if Elli had any children. I really don't know where to look, Finland or the USA. After the 1930 census there seems to be nothing else anywhere :(

I am including her photo taken in the 1920's. She was so pretty, like a 20's film star. You will see in the top left hand corner has written 'For my aunt Ester', (Ester is my grandmother.) In the bottom right is her name.

I am so sad that I couldn't find her before she died. She was my second cousin. The next best thing would be to find her children. Please, can anyone give me a push in the right direction.

Many thanks.

Ayla

P.S. Densie, I thought you may like to see Elli, put a name to a face, without you, I wouldn't have found anything about her in America. It was all such a long shot. I am going to Helsinki in August and I will try to find out where she is buried and visit her grave. (That's another question, who do I ask about finding out where one is buried in Helsinki?)

Hej

I find one Wilbur H. Pajari age 91
www.switchboard.com
Try to
www.411.com

Kaarina

Ayla
03-01-08, 22:59
Thank you Kaarina, I found him too. He died in 2005 :((.

I am waiting to hear from another cousin, if there is no news then I will try something else or ask here again.

Ayla
xxx