PDA

View Full Version : What?

June Pelo
16-01-08, 19:44
A husband, proving to his wife that women talk more than men do, showed her a study that indicated men use on the average only 15,000 words a day, where women use 30,000 words a day.

She thought about this for a while and then told her husband that women use twice as many words as men because they have to repeat everything they say. Looking stunned, he said, "What?"

June

Lasse1951
16-01-08, 21:53
Hi June,

Where do you find all those "Good Jokes" ?

Except for genealogy, they are the reason I log in daily:-)

Lasse Holm

June Pelo
17-01-08, 02:19
Hi Lasse,

Thanks for your comments. I have lots of friends around the country who keep me supplied with jokes. Here's a new challenge to you and the rest of the Finlanders. I managed to reach a goal of 48 and 1580 grains of rice:

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

This is a fun way to test your vocabulary. It has the additional benefit of earning rice for third world countries. I've forgotten how many grains of rice equals a pound but someone can find out. Guessing does not count against you. Have fun.

June :)

Jaska Sarell
17-01-08, 13:37
Hi June,

That FreeRice vocabulary test seems to be never-ending, at least when sticking at vocabulary level between 10 and 15, where it soon went down from top 41.
Stopped after 10.000 grains, when same words started to repeat.
Very good learning method for us non-English speakers. Will try again later.

:) Jaska

June Pelo
17-01-08, 19:40
I guess the game goes on forever - I finally had to stop and get something to eat. But I guess you can always start a new game and earn more rice. I had never heard of some of the words and ended up guessing at half of them.

June

Jaska Sarell
18-01-08, 12:08
Started again and was able to stay around vocabulary level 30 :D
Just by slowing down the guessing process a bit even managed to go up from 28 to 35.

:) Jaska