PDA

View Full Version : Esse dates

Karen Norwillo
07-02-08, 20:17
Trying to date an undated letter from Esse. Can anyone tell me when, approximately, the church in Esse was painted from red to white? Kaj??
How about when a big dairy was built in Esse? We have a letter that makes mention of these facts. Also mentions that there was now a road that you could drive a car to the Långsjö home.
Also, Kaj, do you have any idea who a Mathilda Wijk was?
Karen

cdahlin
07-02-08, 20:43
Hello!

I hope that Kaj Timrén reads this, because I think he knows. His father Eric Timrén worked at that dairy.

If this date can't be found, I will call a friend of mine. He is the owner of the old dairy house today.

Christian

timren
28-02-08, 09:20
Trying to date an undated letter from Esse. Can anyone tell me when, approximately, the church in Esse was painted from red to white? Kaj??
How about when a big dairy was built in Esse? We have a letter that makes mention of these facts. Also mentions that there was now a road that you could drive a car to the Långsjö home.
Also, Kaj, do you have any idea who a Mathilda Wijk was?
Karen
----
Hello Karen,
I have sent a mail to private.
//kaj:)

Kaj Granlund
22-03-08, 21:22
Haven't seen this thread. Sorry. The Church was repainted abt 1920 Do not remember the exact year. Red was the original colour.

timren
22-03-08, 22:48
Haven't seen this thread. Sorry. The Church was repainted abt 1920 Do not remember the exact year. Red was the original colour.

Hej Kaj!
Min far, Eric, har skrivit ett litet häfte ang. mejeriet i Esse som jag skickat per brev till Karen.

GLAD PÅSK!
//kaj

Karen Norwillo
23-03-08, 00:29
Glad Påsk to both Kaj's. Thank you Kaj Timrén for the booklet about the Esse dairy. There are many family surnames mentioned, along with wonderful pictures. The 1920's seems like a very logical date for the letter as per the painting of the church. Blessed Easter to all. Karen