PDA

View Full Version : Editing Profile -Gedcom

Ayla
23-02-08, 12:32
Morning all!

In the profile section where you can edit details, in the additional info section when you scroll down there is a part there that says Gedcom.
Is this where we put in our Gedcom file if we have one?
If so, what exactly do I type in there? I have a Gedcom file saved on my Desktop, I'm using the latest edition of Family Historian. I have completed 1 branch of it (only another 7 to go :))
and was wondering if I could put something there now. It's just that I don't know what to type in! :confused:
Many thanks
Ayla

Denise
23-02-08, 14:13
Hi Ayla,
On the front page of the Finlander Forum, on the very bottom, you will see "Contact Us". Click on it and you will be able to attach and send your gedcom to Hasse. :)

Best Regards,
Denise

Ayla
23-02-08, 14:21
Thanks Denise!

I will need to add to it so would I just keep sending Hasse the updated one?
You are up early today :eek:
Ayla
xxx

Denise
23-02-08, 15:39
Hi Ayla,
Yes, send your updates when you want to. I only sent my first one when I started, but I've been thinking I should send my updated one soon. I'm at the point where I am getting stuck, and not finding more on my family. :(

Regards,
Denise

Ayla
23-02-08, 16:07
Ok then, I think I should add a few more of my grandmother's siblings before I submit it. I dont have anywhere near 2000, not even 200 yet!(in the system only, on paper I think I may have about 1000 now. I'm just transferring it all over bit by bit.)
As for not finding out about your family anymore, we still have Elli to find ;) , she is your 'adopted' cousin and also, I am pretty sure that if we look hard enough we will find some more links between us. I have a whole branch in Kemi and Oulu now, my second cousins are there and the older ones are buried there so who knows! I keep adding the names in my profile. :D