PDA

View Full Version : Victor Josephson Ostrobothnia

KathyE
04-04-08, 10:33
hello, I am attempting to trace the family tree for Victor Josephson born abt 1862 Sideby, Ostrobothnia, Finland. Victor moved to Australia abt 1884. His death certificate lists his mother's name as Christina. His Naturalisation records list him as a Seaman. Can anyone help please? cheers, Kathy

Kaarina
04-04-08, 11:53
hello, I am attempting to trace the family tree for Victor Josephson born abt 1862 Sideby, Ostrobothnia, Finland. Victor moved to Australia abt 1884. His death certificate lists his mother's name as Christina. His Naturalisation records list him as a Seaman. Can anyone help please? cheers, Kathy

From Hiski
www.genealogia.fi

This can be possible parents to Victor

Sideby-married 19.5.1849 Bd.s. Josef Johanss. Demasör and inh. dr. Greta Christ. Eriks:dr. Hanses

Kaarina

KathyE
05-04-08, 02:47
hello Kaarina,

Thank you for your reply.

Sideby-married 19.5.1849 Bd.s. Josef Johanss. Demasör and inh. dr. Greta Christ. Eriks:dr. Hanses

Apologies for my ignorance but does this mean that the marriage took place 19 May 1849 & the groom was the son of Josef Johanss of Demasor & the bride was the daughter of Greta Christ. Eriks & Hanes?

regards,

Kathy

budjohnson
05-04-08, 03:36
Hi
Actually Josef would be the son of Johan (or Johansson) and he is from Demasör. And Greta would be the Daughter of Erik (also Eriksdotter) from Hanses. Does this help at all?
Bud

Karen Norwillo
05-04-08, 15:51
Hanses was a farm name. It looks to be a large farm from the Household Rolls in Sideby. I didn't see any Demasör. Karen

Kaj Granlund
07-04-08, 18:48
Demasör is also a farmname, the last person with that name died about 30-40 years ago. I have some very far way back connections to the Demasörs but do not know them any more than this. They lived in Sideby in the small village of Skaftung.

KathyE
08-04-08, 01:43
thank you all for your time & suggestions. Kathy

Karen Norwillo
08-04-08, 18:22
Kathy,
Here are the Household Rolls for 1870 and 1880 for the farms. I'll do the 1880 separately or it'll be too big. You might want to keep for reference when you find out the parents for sure. There are lots of Josefs listed. There is a Josef and Greta listed that may be the couple on a previous post.

Karen Norwillo
08-04-08, 18:25
Here are the 1880 attachments. I don't see any Viktor, but I think they didn't list children's names until they reached a certain age.

Karen Norwillo
02-05-08, 16:03
I've received an email from a member who's cousin in Astoria Oregon has ties to the Josephson and Demasor in Sideby and Shaftung. He has been having trouble with the site and gave me permission to post the info. The cousin is Michael Josephson who's grandfather was Anton Leander Josephson, born to Joseph Malakias Demasor of Shaftung. He has info on the family he is willing to share. He's not sure it's the same family, but will share what he has. I have an email address which I will send PM to the starter of this thread. Karen