PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Eva Maria Peth b.1879 Munsala

KirstiJ
06-04-08, 19:17
I´m searching for any information on Eva Maria Peth b.July 16,1879 in Munsala , she lived in Pedersöre before leaving for USA.
Her brother Johan Alfred Skrifvars (Peth) b.december 21, 1869 in Helsinki, lived in Nykarleby before leaving for USA.

Kirsti J.

Denise
06-04-08, 19:49
Hi Kirsti,
I found this from the Institute of Migration on Eva. I did not find a passenger record for her. I'll check Ancestry for you for more information.

Regards,
Denise

Detailed passport information
Last name Peth
First names Eva Maria
Other names *
Date of birth . .1879
Marital status *
Religion *
Occupation Ent. piika
Home parish U:kaarlep. pit.
Province VAA
Passport date 23.05.1899
Passport number 1533
Passport valid (year:month) 5:0
Destination Amerikka
Passport issued by VAA
Remarks *

Denise
06-04-08, 19:59
Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956
Name: Eva Peth
Arrival Date: 31 Jan 1909
Birth Date: abt 1880
Birth Country: Finland
Race/Nationality: Scandinavian

Ship Name: Hesperian
Port of Arrival: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England

Source Information:

Ancestry.com. Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956

Karen Norwillo
06-04-08, 22:49
Do you know Eva's patronymic? My great grandparents were Simon Hermansson Fors and Beata Mattsdotter Peth from Rekipeldo in Vörå. Karen

KirstiJ
07-04-08, 21:00
Dear Denise!

Thank you for the information,It`s fantastic. Eva Maria was a daughter of Lisa Joh:dr Peth,Munsala and Eva Maria moved from Finland 1909.

I`ve got information (from Finland) about her brother Johan Alfred Skrifvars b.21.12.1869,he died 20.04.1938 in Mt Vernon Washington,wife Anna. If you find information about this family, Iám pleased.

Kirsti J.

KirstiJ
07-04-08, 21:24
This family is related to Petas farm in Kovjoki village, Nykarleby.They came to Kovjoki from Öja,Saari, Karleby in the beginning of 1800, than they took the name Peth. I think Vörå Peth is an other family.

Randy
16-06-18, 08:17
I have a postcard from John Skrifvars to my grandmother, Brita Sofia Gustavsdr Mariedahl (born in Munsala) in 1905. John (Johan) served in the US Navy from 1893 to 1907. He married Hanna Mattson 13 June 1907 in Seattle WA USA. The dates I have for John match the dates above. Do you have any information about when Johan was in Munsala?

Randy
16-06-18, 08:21
I have a 1905 postcard from John Skrifvars to my grandmother Brita Sofia Gustavsdr Mariedahl (b. Munsala). Brita Sofia's sister, Anna Karolina, was a witness at Johan's marriage to Hanna Mattson in Seattle on 13 June 1907. Johan served in the US Navy 1893-1907 and later moved to Mt. Vernon WA. Do you have any information about whether Johan was in Munsala and when? Perhaps at the Skrifvars farm?

Randy
16-06-18, 08:25
I have a postcard from John Skrifvars to my grandmother, Brita Sofia Gustavsdr Mariedahl (born in Munsala) in 1905. John (Johan) served in the US Navy from 1893 to 1907. He married Hanna Mattson 13 June 1907 in Seattle WA USA. The dates I have for John match the dates above. Do you have any information about when Johan was in Munsala?

Termale3
12-09-18, 05:22
Randy, I am very much interested in any info you have on this Peth/Skrifvars family. My grandmother, also a peth from Kofjoki, died here in Western Wa. I have very little info on her or any part of her family. Would love to know more.

Randy
18-09-18, 22:21
I don't have my data at hand right now, but can get that. My grandmother was born in Munsala as Brita Sofia Gus:dr Mariedahl. She was the youngest of 8 children. 2 or 3 of her oldest siblings had the last name Skrifvars, and the other siblings had the last name Mariedahl. As I understand it, the Skrifvars farm adjoins the Mariedahl farm, both northwest of Munsala. When I saw the postcard signed by John Skrifvars, I wondered if he was either a sibling of my grandmother, or somehow otherwise related. As my grandmother moved around a lot in her first 3 years in the US, I thought that she and John must have been somehow "close" as John had a correct address for my grandmother. I believe, too, that one of my grandmother's sisters was a witness at the marriage of John and Hanna Mattson.
I'd be grateful for any info. you might have on John that would lead to understand how he and my grandmother were apparently close. Thanks