PDA

View Full Version : Humalsaari

Ayla
14-04-08, 13:32
Hi Everyone,

Please do any of you know of any families with the Humalsaari surname in Finland please. Maybe in your own data or perhaps a next door neighbour :D :)

Many thanks

Ayla

Denise
15-04-08, 06:13
Hi Ayla,
I can't read Finnish but found this link...http://luutkasaan.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

Hopefully this helps! :D

Sincerely,
Denise

cdahlin
15-04-08, 07:16
This article tells about some Finnish Members of Parliament. One of Anne Holmlund's ancestors came from the Hummelholm farm in Esse. That's why her name could also been Hummelholm (or Humalsaari). So your previous suggestion Holmlund was not so bad at all!

We also have another place "Hummelholm" in Munsala, so this name is not so strange in Ostrobotnia. Perhaps your "Hummelholm"-people came from Ostrobotnia and later changed to "Humalsaari"?

Christian

Jaska Sarell
15-04-08, 10:31
The PRC name service (https://192.49.222.187/nimipalvelu/default.asp?L=3) tells that there's currently less than 5 Humalsaari name users.
Looking at online phone directory gives an idea that there's a couple in Pori, and another in Noormarkku. Perhaps that's all there is.

[I won't include private info here]

:) Jaska

P.S. Sent details in PM.

Ayla
15-04-08, 13:00
Thanks so much guys. Thanks for the link Denise ;) I know of this man already, did some research into Anne Holmlund's ancestry. Christian, Anne Holmlund is my second cousin, my grandfather and her grandfather were brothers. :) But she is so busy with her job she cannot help me with names and dates etc. I only just found out that some Holmlunds changed their name to Humalsaari, Anne's family then changed it back again to Holmlund but my grandfather didn't use the Humalsaari name, he changed his from Holmund to Harmiala.
So we are the only Harmialas in Finland :)
My mum tells me that Harmia is the name of a flower or something like that? She said my grandfather preferred the flower link rather than hops! :)))

Anyway, thank you for the details Jaska, these could well be my second cousins. ;)

Ayla

Jaska Sarell
15-04-08, 14:14
Harmia, in Latin Berteroa incana, is indeed a flower.
Nowadays it seems to be spelled harmio.
See: http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmio

Ayla
15-04-08, 14:33
Ahhh how lovely, thank you Jaska.
I think my grandfather definately preferred the flower link instead of the alchohol link. :D :D Who knows? I wish I could ask him. He passed away when I was 3. :(
He was a lawyer who travelled around Finland in the 1920s and 1930s and spent a long time in Lapland working. I wonder, is it a flower that is found more up there or all over Finland?
(My Finnish is not that good to translate the article myself, sorry :o )

Many thanks!
Ayla

cdahlin
15-04-08, 15:47
Hello again!

This article tells about Simon Carlsson Holmlund, the first to use the name Holmlund. He died in Ulvila, Kaasmarkku. The place Pori and Noormarkku are very close to Ulvila, so perhaps the existing Humalsaari-families are your cousins!

Interesting to know that Anne Holmlund also had ancestors in the Stubb farm in Esse. Another Finnish Member of Parliament is Mats Nylund. His mother is my cousin so we know each other very well! He is also descending from the Stubb family (except also being a Kejsar).

This article make me 6th cousin of Anne Holmlund, just like my relation to Alexander Stubb. And it also make us 6th cousins the same way.

I managed to build Anne Holmlunds tree back to Esse thanks to this article.

Strange that so many politicians come from the Stubb family?

Christian

Jaska Sarell
15-04-08, 16:42
Hi Ayla,

The article says that harmia/harmio spread to Finland during Russian autonomy. Its seeds were among horse fodder and thus it's most common in places where the cavalry troops were stationed, e.g. in Lappeenranta.

Ayla
15-04-08, 18:18
Thanks Jaska, you are a fountain of knowledge! I am so lucky to know all of you.
Christian, hang on a minute, if you are 6th cousins with Anne, then wouldnt you and me be the same? My great grandparents were Johan Henrik Holmlund and Amanda Katarina Stenfors, the same gr grandparents as Anne. Her grandfather and mine were brothers.

I am sounding like a parrot now, I think I wrote this before!
:D

cdahlin
15-04-08, 19:38
Yes, that was just what I meant when I said that we are 6th cousins.

I found at least 10 ways of being related to you. Every branch goes through the Kiisk-family in Esse.

Christian

Jaska Sarell
15-04-08, 20:10
Then I'm 7th cousin to you both through Christopher Michelsson Klubb of Lepplax, Pedersöre :cool:

cdahlin
15-04-08, 20:39
Hello Jaska!

When I took a report of Christopher Michelsson Klubb's descendants I got 39 pages!!!

Could you send me your line up to him? Just for interest. I can send mine as a private message.

Christian

Ayla
15-04-08, 21:39
Oh my Christian, I have lots and lots of Kiisks in my family :)))
Why didn't you tell me! I do love to hear about these links! We should have a big reunion party :)))

Jaska Sarell
15-04-08, 21:44
Hej Christian!

I think I could make a longer report :cool:
I have 3751 descendants of Maria Christophersdr Klubb and Erik Eriksson Påvals, but only 299 descendants of sister Margareta and her two husbands. The former just happens to link closely to my main research target.

Anyone may look at my ancestors at my homepage (http://www.sci.fi/~jaskas/), which seems to need some updating :(
Anyway, the Ostrobothnians are all in my paternal line (FFF born in Purmo)..

cdahlin
15-04-08, 21:57
Well Ayla, you did not ask me!!!;)

My grandmother's father was born Kiisk (Matts Mariasson Kiisk 1857-1916). His father is unknown. But my grandmother's mother was also descending from the Kiisk family (Hans Andersson Kiisk-Kronkvist). So they were related, 3rd cousins to be exact.

I have just published a book from this side of my family tree. The book shows all known (to me) descendants to Hans Andersson Kiisk-Kronkvist and his brother Johan Andersson Kronqvist. It is only published in Swedish.

They had also a brother, Erik Andersson Wärnå. I have discussed this person in previous threads. This line has almost vanished. Only a few living descendants in US. But their only sister have lots of descendants in Esse.

Our nearest common ancestor this way is Johan Michelsson Kiisk (1740-1792)and Elisabeth Christiansdotter Kolam (1739-1805).

Christian

Ayla
15-04-08, 22:35
Well Ayla, you did not ask me!!!
A woman likes surprises sometimes, she doesn't always have to ask,ask,ask

:D :D :D :D

cdahlin
16-04-08, 13:50
This was my way to surprise you! :) Hope you like it.

Christian

Ayla
16-04-08, 20:57
;) loved it, thank you.