PDA

View Full Version : John Spåra in Vancouver, from Finland

CateG
05-05-08, 15:02
Looking for descendants of John Spåra 3230 E 20th ave Vancouver BC Canada, born 1905 in Kantlax, came to Canada in 1926.

CateG
05-05-08, 15:08
Johannes (john) Selim Augustsson Spåra. the address is from 1952..

kivinen1
05-05-08, 18:06
Looking for descendants of John Spåra 3230 E 20th ave Vancouver BC Canada, born 1905 in Kantlax, came to Canada in 1926.
Obituaries (10/03/03) in the newspaper "The Vancouver Sun"

SPARA _ Our sweet and beloved mother and "Mommo" Hildur Ingeborg, quietly slipped away
from us on September 30, 2003 surrounded by her family. Hildur was born in Munsala,
Finland on March 19, 1916. She was predeceased by her husband George in 1987. She will
be forever missed by her daughters, Gretel (John), Anne-Carita (Joe); granddaughters,
Lillian (Dan), Susanne (Richard), Louise, Julie (Kjell); great-grandchildren, Kajsa,
Elyse, Erik, Jenny and Patrick; nephew Valde; niece Ragni; brother-in-law Elis and many
other family and friends. We are thankful for the years we had together. She instilled
in us the value of family traditions. We remember her strength to persevere against all
odds, her quiet dignity and her gentle smile. No words can express how much she will be
missed. Her spirit will live within us forever. "The music has stopped, but the melody
lingers on..." A memorial service will be held Tuesday, October 7th at 10:00 a.m. at the
Boal Chapel, 1505 Lillooet Road, North Vancouver.

The address you gave is not far from the Chapel address North Vancouver at all. I know that most of my family lived within a few miles of each other... it is a possibility.

CateG
06-05-08, 09:52
hello! yes this is his wife. it was very touching to read this and now I will try to find the children and grandchildren and get in touch with them. thank you very much again!

CateG
06-05-08, 11:50
I recently spoke with my mum and she told me that this John (Johannes) Spåra is brother with my grandmother. And Georg, whose wife it was, cousins with my grandmother. He had a twin brother named Leander. I need to find the children of John Spara in Vancouver.

SusanR
06-05-08, 18:16
Would this be him:

Vital Event Death Registration

Name: John Selim Spara

Event Date: 1980 8 20 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Event Place: Vancouver

Reg. Number: 1980-09-012802
B.C. Archives Microfilm Number: B13605
GSU Microfilm Number: 2051481

There is one other person with the same last name:

Name: Karl George Spara

Event Date: 1987 1 26 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Event Place: Burnaby

Reg. Number: 1987-09-001433
B.C. Archives Microfilm Number: B17108
GSU Microfilm Number: 1669933

If they are, I can look up them up and get you copies, they sometimes list a relative or even where they are buried.

susan

CateG
06-05-08, 19:32
hello! yes, this is my grandmothers brother and his cousin. I would very much like to know about their children and grandchildren, thankful for any help! =)

SusanR
07-05-08, 17:11
Ok, I should be going down to the Library in the next few weeks, I will see what I can find down there and get copies for you.

CateG
08-05-08, 08:43
hi! oh, you don´t need to take copies, I just need the information. =)

CateG
19-05-08, 22:18
hello1 have you found anything about johan spåra yet? =)

SusanR
21-05-08, 18:52
Well, I finally got a chance to get to the library and got some information.

Unfortunately, 1987 microfilm is not available yet at the library.

But I did get their obits:

SPARA: Karl George suddenly on January 26th, 1987, aged 73 years. He is survived by his loving wife, Hildur, 2 daughters - Gretel and Carita and sons-in-law, John and Joe. Motta will be sadly missed by his 4 granddaughters, Lillian, Susanne, Louise and Julie, two sister - Annie Nelson of San Francisco and Inga Westlin in Finland, 3 brothers Leander, Erik and Paul of Finland as well as many other relatives and closed friends. A funeral service will be held Friday, January 30 at 10 am at the BELL FUNERAL HOME, 2746 East Hastings St. In lieu of flowers, donations to the BC Heart Fund would be apprreciated.

SPARA: John Selim of Vancouver, on August 20, 1980, aged 71 years. Survived by his 2 sons, Larry, Burnaby, Alan, Penticton, 1 sister in Finland and 3 grandchildren. Funeral service will be held Monday, August 25th, 2:30pm at BELL FUNERAL HOME, 2746 E Hastings St. Capt. H Leiws officiating. Cremation in lieu of flowers donation to the Salvation ARmy, 611- 198 W Hastings would be gratefully appreciated.

I did get a copy of John's Death Registration. It stated he was single, divorced from Barbara Irene Mahoney. He was a long shoreman, born on October 3, 1908 in Munsula, Finland. The information was provided by his son, Lawrence John Spara of Vancouver, BC. I do have a copy if you would like me to send it to you.

Please see my PM to you regarding Alan.

CateG
27-05-08, 15:32
thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!! now I have tried to find their adresses on the white pages. it would be so much easier if one just could write to them by email, and faster! at least I can now tell my grandmother about these things. about john spara it was written that he had 1 sister in finland, that was not correct, there was 2.. =) and also a brother in finland.

thank you bery much again!
have a nice day!