PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday To YOU!

kivinen1
12-05-08, 02:32
Hasse - Karen - Ronny & Loviisa -

Grattis på födelsedagen

Hyvää syntymäpäivää

What a lovely Mother's Day gift you were.;) At least, occasionally your birthday fell on Mother's day!

Karen Norwillo
12-05-08, 16:31
I actually was born on Mothers Day. My father delivered me at home. As usual, I was in a hurry. Karen

Denise
13-05-08, 06:09
Hi Karen,
Happy belated birthday! :D Hope it was wonderful! And hope you received 2 presents; one for Mother's Day and one for your birthday!

Cousin,
Denise

Ayla
13-05-08, 15:53
Same from me too Karen, wow, delivered by your dad, fantastic!
Made me laugh about always being in a hurry :D
Aren't you off to Finland soon?

Karen Norwillo
13-05-08, 21:07
Leaving Sunday, May 25. Be in Helsinki Monday morning, Rovaniemi in afternoon.

Ayla
14-05-08, 00:06
Fantastic! Have a great time and take lots of pics! Lots and lots!

Hasse
14-05-08, 09:16
Hasse - Karen - Ronny & Loviisa -
Grattis på födelsedagen

Thank you all for the greetings. Sorry I missed this thread on Mother's Day.

And - nice to see that several have succeeded in getting born on the same day.

Welcome Karen to Finland. Hope you will have a nice and successful stay. You can wave some seconds before you land at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport - our house is the fifth house on the right side of the plane...:rolleyes:

Karen Norwillo
02-06-08, 20:37
Hasse, I waved to you as we landed Monday morning. Hope you saw me. Karen

June Pelo
03-06-08, 00:40
Karen,
I didn't realize you had gone and returned before I could wish you Bon Voyage. Hope it was all you expected it would be.

Hasse
03-06-08, 05:48
Hasse, I waved to you as we landed Monday morning. Hope you saw me. Karen
Well, I'm not really sure since so many women waved at me that morning.

In fact early that morning we were in church recording a Christmas CD with our amateur choir Vivandi. So - if all goes well there will be yet another Christmas music CD on the market next Autum. Christmas songs sung in the original language with emphasis on songs in Swedish and Finnish which belong to the repertoir of the choir.

At least three Finlander members belong to the choir btw.

Karen Norwillo
03-06-08, 17:14
June,
I had an absolutely wonderful time. Did lots of sight-seeing in Rovaniemi. Went to the Arktikum, a wonderful collection of all things Lappish. Saw Santa and had my picture taken with him, crossed the Arctic Circle. Went to Kemijärvi and saw the church and "prowled" the cemetery. Unfortunately, my great-grandmother's grave isn't marked. We went on to Salla, took lots of pictures. Drove through Salmivaara, but my grandfather's home is no longer there. Saw the Russian border crossing, didn't, no visa. Stayed overnight in Pyhä-Luosto. Mined for our own personal "lucky amethyst" at Lampivaara on the way back to Kemijärvi. Got to keep one stone. Visited a wonderful museum of a farm near Rovaniemi. Was once home to the largest wealthist farm in Rovaniemi area. Wonderful displays. Attended the graduation of my third cousin's son. Met lots of cousins there. A packed 7 days. Karen

Ayla
03-06-08, 18:06
Welcome back Karen!
Sounds wonderful. Do post some pics later. It would be lovely to see Lapland without the snow.
Ayla
xxxx

June Pelo
03-06-08, 22:18
Karen,

You trip sounded much like mine - go, go, go every minute. My father always wanted to go to Rovaniemi on Midsummer's Day, but never got there. One of my relatives in Finland panned for gold in Lapland and found about a quarter of a teaspoon of grains of gold - and he gave it to me! I look at it now and then - everyone says I should sell it while the price of gold is high.. :(

Karen Norwillo
04-06-08, 02:10
Here's a photo at the Arktikum in Rovaniemi. Also the altar at Kemijärvi Church and me at a memorial to those lost in WWII from Salla now buried in Russian Karelia.

Ayla
04-06-08, 11:25
Lovely to see you Karen and beautiful photos.