PDA

View Full Version : Obituary for Senja Koski Florida

RiittaB
17-07-08, 04:54
Hi All!

I'm trying to locate an obituary and, if possible, the cemetery where a distant cousin is buried.
Senja Marie(Maria) Koski (original surname was Koskela) born Mar 24, 1918 (in Massachusetts, I think) and died January 23, 1997 in Lake Worth Florida.
Parents were Juho Jaakko Koskela and Lyydi Maria Kotka Mäkelä. They had 8 children, the last 2 born in the US. I have their emigration details from Ellis Island, as well as from the Migration Institute. I also found information about Senja at Ancestry, which is where I found her death date.
Any information is appreciated!

Kiitos!
Riitta
Calgary Canada

Karen Norwillo
17-07-08, 21:35
Riitta,
I sent an email to the Lake Worth Library which holds records of two local papers and will do an obit search. If they find one and you want a copy, it's $1.00. I found on the FL GenWeb site for Palm Beach county that Lake Worth-Lantana area has a very large Finnish population. I found a S M Koski listed at 301 Almond St. Lake Worth in 1978. She is found in a list of Finnish Speaking Population in Lake Worth-Lantana Area 1978. This was a telephone directory. There were about 8 Koski names. I'm not positive this is her, but using just initials would be common for a female alone. I'll let you know when I hear something. Karen

RiittaB
18-07-08, 01:33
Thanks Karen. I'll wait to hear from you if the library does find an obit for Senja. It may give me a lead as to where her siblings were living.

Riitta

Karen Norwillo
18-07-08, 21:27
Riitta,
The library in Lake Worth found nothing. They suggested trying the Palm Beach County Library which has more newspaper archives. If you Google them, it should have a website or address. Karen