PDA

View Full Version : Maria Fremleson/Johnson

b.mattsson
26-09-08, 09:52
Hi....Im interested in info., about Maria"Mia" Fremleson, Gamlakarleby
b. 1887-03-18, married to Alfred Johnson from North of Norway. Maria dead in Seattle , in year ?

June Pelo
26-09-08, 17:50
Hi Bud,

What do you want to know? I have data about her from someone in Finland who was looking for info. about her several years ago. She was the daughter of Sven Johansson Hilli-Fremelson, married to Maria Sofia Appelqvist. Maria came to the US 1911 and married to Johnson in Seattle.

Karen Norwillo
26-09-08, 20:57
Here's your Johnson family in 1920 and 1930. Looks like she used the first name Marie. Also, attached Alfred Johnson's WWI Draft Reg. I found a 24 Feb 1948 death for an Alfred L Johnson in Seattle at age 65, which would fit his birth year. He would have been 66 that August had he lived. Karen

Karen Norwillo
26-09-08, 21:10
Here's Maria's 1911 arrival. I also found a possible death for her. Marie Johnson, 89, died 14 Jan 1977 in Bellingham, WA. She would have been 90 in Mar, which makes birth year 1887.

June Pelo
26-09-08, 21:36
Maria had a brother Carl Gustaf, b. 1890, who emigrated to America and died in 1983.

June Pelo
26-09-08, 21:41
Maria had a brother Carl Gustaf, b. 1890, who emigrated to America and died 1983.

Have you had any contact with anyone in Finland re: Fremleson? A few years ago I received a request asking for any information about Fremleson. I'm going to write to him now and tell him about your request.

b.mattsson
27-09-08, 11:10
Maria had a brother Carl Gustaf, b. 1890, who emigrated to America and died 1983.

Have you had any contact with anyone in Finland re: Fremleson? A few years ago I received a request asking for any information about Fremleson. I'm going to write to him now and tell him about your request.

Hello June
Im interested in her "familyhistori" in US.I have not been in contact with anyone here about Maria Fremleson.
Thanks BM

b.mattsson
27-09-08, 11:22
Hi Karen
Thanks for all your help.Yes, Maria is the right person.Do you know if they had any children, and have you the date of death of Alfred Johnson?

Thanks again BM

Karen Norwillo
27-09-08, 16:37
As the census only goes to 1930, I don't know if there were children but I doubt it. She was already 43 in 1930 and no children were listed in 1920 or 1930. I have to look further into Alfred Johnson. It's such a common name. There are 847 Alfred Johnson in the WA Death Records. The one in 1948 isn't him. I checked and his wife's name was Martha. I'm not positive the one for Marie in Bellingham is her. You'd have to get a copy of the death record to varify. The age fits, but it's not positive it's her. Karen

Karen Norwillo
27-09-08, 18:10
Here's Alfred's arrival via Sumas, WA in 1909 and his Declaration of Intent to be Naturalized from 15 Apr 1914. Alfred was from Trondhjem, Norway. Arrived to Canada via Liverpool in Aug 1909 on the Empress of Britian. He travelled on the Canadian Pacific RR to west Canada and crossed the border at Sumas. The naturalization document gives his occupation as steam engineer. No wife mentioned in 1914, so they must have married after that. Karen

June Pelo
30-09-08, 19:01
I had asked if you were in contact with anyone in Finland concerning Fremleson. I now have a request for information to be included in an update of the Lars Friis book. Maria's family is in that book. I can send what Karen has found, but wondered if there's any other information you have that could be sent? I'll tell him that Marie and Alfred probably didn't have any children, according to what Karen found.

b.mattsson
01-10-08, 08:55
Hi June!I own the first Lars Friis book from 1956 , so now I have to go to the genealogic researh archive looking for the updated version of the same one now.
Thanks for all your help!
BM

June Pelo
01-10-08, 18:18
The last edition of the Friis book was in 1989. It is being revised and updated - there was misinformation and data lacking in it. Marcus Prest has been working on an update for many years. I have been working with him for over 5 years gathering data about Friis descendants in the US. If you want to add anything to it, do it soon because he is giving it a final check now.