PDA

View Full Version : Relatives of Jakob Emil Hutah & Fanny Sophia Carlson (Kokkola,Helsinki)

synovialsoul
31-10-08, 02:57
Hello!
I am just beginning my search to track down the family of my great grandparents, who immigrated to Minnesota. Specifically I am looking for any information (names, birthdates, locations) of their parents as well as any other relatives that might still be in Finland. Here is the information I know...

Jacob Emil Hutah (Jacobson- name taken at naturalization)
b:Feb 6, 1887 Gamla Karleby, Finland
d:1963, Northfield Minnesota
Father; Jakob Hutah

married

Fanny Sophia Carlson
b:1899 Helsinki, Finland
d.1926 Palisade, Minnesota
father: Carl J Carlson
sister: Jenny married Olaf Beck
brother;Rudolph married Estelle
brother: Carl theodore married Edith

Would appreciate any information or advice of where to search. Thanks for your help!

Hasse
31-10-08, 07:52
Bianca

I guess June Pelo may have additional info since she has your Emil in her emigrant records

HUHTA, Jacob Emil Jacobsson
b. 6 Feb 1878, Karleby, Finland To USA
Declared dead 1 Jan 1975

Hasse

June Pelo
31-10-08, 21:53
Sorry, but I don't have this family in my database. That database of immigrants is based on names submitted to me by Frans Lillsunde and I posted them online. I noticed there were a lot of Hutah people who emigrated but they don't seem to be linked to the Jacobsson familly. But I'll see if I can find anything about Jacob Emil Hutah because I do have a lot of data about Karleby and Gamlakarleby.

synovialsoul
01-11-08, 04:49
june-
thanks for looking into it further. And to confirm, he took the name Jacobson at immigration but was born Hutah.

Also wondering if you had any information on my great grandmothers family? The Carlsons?

Thanks so much for your time!
bianca

June Pelo
01-11-08, 16:39
I don't have data on Helsinki, but I'll ask around to see if anyone else can find something.

June Pelo
02-11-08, 22:23
Hi Bianca,

I finally am ready to send you your family data. I thought the Hutah name didn't look right and I was correct - it was Huhta and at one time was Huhtala. I have nearly all the data in my database, but needed a little more info. As I suspected, we are related. Jakob Emil was my 3rd cousin once removed - and he is also related to both of my parents. You have a lot of well-known ancestors: Friis, Härmälä, Kankkonen, Sursill, Caino, etc. A friend is trying to find something about the Carlson Family in Helsinki. Did you know that Jakob Emil had a sister Hilda who emigrated to the US - and was married to a man named Korp in 1897? I don't know where they lived. I am ready to send you an ahnentafel, but I would like to include Jakob's family. Can you send me info. about him, his wife, children? You can send it to me via private message. The ahnentafel lis too long to post on Finlander and I'll have to send it to your e-mail address, if you'll send it to me. Watch for a private message.

June Pelo
03-11-08, 20:57
I've been able to solve Bianca's mystery concerning her Huhta family, but I don't have any access to Helsinki records. Can anyone find something about her Carlson family. I don't have dates for Fanny's siblings, nor her father Carl, but I would say he was born before 1879. It's my understanding that he did emigrate to America as well as Fanny Sophia. Bianca is trying to find more information about them:

Fanny Sophia Carlson
b:1899 Helsinki, Finland
d.1926 Palisade, Minnesota
father: Carl J Carlson
sister: Jenny married Olaf Beck
brother;Rudolph married Estelle
brother: Carl Theodore married Edith

June Pelo
14-11-08, 21:31
I have a little more information about this family:

Karl Johan Johansson Ventjärvi - Carlson, b. 24 Jun 1869 Karleby/Kokkola. Moved to Helsinki 1890. Was married to Matilda Hendrickson - don't know anything about her - and they had 4 children - only know birthdate of Fanny:
Jenny
Rudolph
Carl Theodore
Fanny Sophia, b. 1899

The entire family moved to the US before 1918.