PDA

View Full Version : Anders Mattson Bjorn ancestors

annieh49441
03-11-08, 02:53
Can anyone help me get past a stumbling block? :confused: I'm looking for ancestors of my great-grandfather, Anders Mattson Bjorn. He was born July 20, 1851 in the western portion of Finland. When he imigrated to America in 1873, he either chose or was given the name Andrew Wickstrom. As nearly as I can determine, his parents were Matt Andersson and Caisa Andersdotter. This family has gone through so many name changes, I'm not sure where to start. Thanks for any help you can offer.

christina
03-11-08, 09:09
This could be your great-grandfathers birth:
Larsmo - Luoto - christened

Born Christened Village Farm Father Mother Child
27.7.1851 28.7.1851 Björn Torp.s. Matts Andersson Caisa (20y) Anders

Hälsningar
Christina Nordback

annieh49441
03-11-08, 19:36
:) That is definitely him, Christina. Many thanks.

Jaska Sarell
03-11-08, 23:14
That birth record in Larsmo doesn't state mother's patronymic, but the following marriage record in Kronoby fits well:

Kronoby - Kruunupyy - married

Announc. Married Village Farm Man Wife Village Farm
* 24.5.1851 Larsmo Björn Bondesonen, Ungk. Matts Andersson Torpare dottern Cajsa Anders dotter Hästö
original - VLISÄ: pag 64
original - VIHPAIKKA: Hästö

If that's the right couple, the names of the parents could be recorded as Matts Andersson Björn and Caisa Andersdotter Hästö.

:) Jaska

annieh49441
04-11-08, 02:24
That is most definitely the right couple, Jaska. I don't know why I couldn't find these on my own unless, as I stated in my original post, the family has gone through so many name changes I had no idea where to start.