PDA

View Full Version : Ottilia Sofia Granlund Kronoby born about 1880

kivinen1
05-12-08, 23:51
I'm wondering if anything can be found out about one of my Great-grandfather's sisters. The other sisters name is Wilhelmina, but I find nothing about her.

Here are passport and passenger info obtained from the Migration Institute.

Does anyone have access to the Kronoby Church book to see if she somehow returned to Finland for good? Or, is there anyone that would have access to data in Boston?

Unless she married quite late in life, she seems to have traveled by Granlund each and every time.

Does anyone find a death anywhere? Marriage? Children?

Thanks in advance :D p.s. I don't have access to ancestry.com, but I guess that is where the Boston port information is kept.

Detailed passport information

Last name Granlund
First names Ottilia Sofia
Date of birth . .1880
Marital status 1
Religion Lut.
Occupation Torpp. tr
Home parish Kruunupyy
Province VAA
Passport date 27.03.1902
Passport number 921
Passport valid (year:month) 5:0
Destination Amerikka
Passport issued by VAA

Last name Granlund
First names Ottilia
Age or age group 21
Port of departure Hanko
Place of destination Boston
State of destination MA
Country of destination USA
Price of ticket FIM 183
Ship from Finland Polaris
Date of departure from Finland 05.04.1902
Ship from England *
Date of departure from England 99.99.9999
Ocean Line Dominion Line

Last name Granlund
First names Ottilia
Age or age group 27
Port of departure Hanko
State of destination MA
Price of ticket FIM 220
Ship from Finland Polaris
Date of departure from Finland 11.09.1907
Ship from England Saxonia
Date of departure from England 17.09.1907
Ocean Line Cunard Line
Port of departure in England *

Last name Granlund
First names Ottilia
Age or age group 32
Port of departure Hanko
State of destination MA
Price of ticket FIM 375
Ship from Finland Titania
Date of departure from Finland 02.10.1912
Ship from England Arabic
Date of departure from England 08.10.1912
Ocean Line White Star Line

Kerstin
06-12-08, 07:46
She is going back to Boston Massachusetts when she arravies on the 26 of sept 1907. She still has her mother Anna Brita In Finland. She has lived in Boston between 1902-1907 and she got her friend Math Andersson there.

Kerstin

kivinen1
06-12-08, 08:09
Thanks Kerstin.

Someone has just sent me a copy of the manifest from a 1907 trip aboard the Saxonia.

Anna-Brita "Lillsund" is listed as her mother. .

Her mother is Anna-Brita [nee Spikbacka] Granlund.

[B]June or anyone else that might know, why would she be using the Lillsund name?

She was in Kronoby as far as I know, and the Lillsund / Ahlskog / Paasiala family was in Nedervetil.

Lillsund's would be the "in-laws" at some point.

Ottilia and her sister Wilhelmina are my Great-grandfather's sisters.

Below is my GGF
Henrik Viljam Mattsson GRANLUND: born on 25 Mar 1878 in Kronoby, Finland; married on 2 Jul 1900 in Kronoby, Finland; died on 16 Dec 1910 in Astoria, Oregon
and his wife, my GGM
Emma Johanna Johansdotter PAASIALA: born on 29 Oct 1879 in Haavisto, Nedervetil, Finland; died on 4 Mar 1949 in Steilacoom, Washington

Below are the parents of Henrik, Ottilia and Wilhelmina Granlund:

My GGGF
Matts Gustaf Andersson Stor- GRANLUND: born on 10 Feb 1840 in Kronoby, Finland; married on 6 Jul 1862 in Kronoby, Finland
and his wife, my GGGM
Anna Brita Henriksdotter SPIKBACKA: born on 14 Jan 1844 in Kronoby, Finland

Did Anna Brita have a another marriage after Matts Gustaf Granlund? Did she marry a Lillsund? Or did she just move to that farm? If so, any guess as to why?

Thanks -

cdahlin
06-12-08, 10:18
Hello!

I do not have much information about this individual except what I have in a copy of the Cronobydatabasen which Hasse Andtbacka sent me some years ago.

In this database was notated Matts Leander Mattsson Granlund, b.27 Aug 1864 as the only child to Matts Gustaf Andersson Granlund and Anna Brita Henriksdr Spikbacka. So all the other names, Henrik William, Ottilia and Wilhelmina were new to me. But if my notation was correct, you can add another name to your familytree!

The Spikbacka farm in Kronoby is located close to the Lillsunde farm. I can't explain why Anna Brita travelled under this name. No notation about any other marriage than with Matts Gustaf Granlund.

Christian

kivinen1
06-12-08, 17:53
Thanks,

For clarity, Anna-Brita was not traveling. She is only listed on the ship manifest as Ottilia's mother. Perhaps this was some sort of "next of kin" notation.

Perhaps June can look at this too. I know that there had been some confusion between various Granlunds with the same first names.

Maybe Hasse has new or different information as well.

Thanks again -

June Pelo
06-12-08, 21:33
I have no further info. about Anna Brita. When she married Matts Gustaf in 1862 he was a dreng and in 1871 he was a crofter on Stor farm, and in 1873 he was a crofter. His farfar was Matts Andersson Lillkort from Öja. He married in Karleby in 1815 and he and his wife moved to Kronoby in 1818, and must have taken the Granlund name then. Matts Gustaf was 22 when he married and Anna Brita was 18, so I don't think she was previously married.

The Lillsund names I have are in Nedervetil; the Lillsunde names I have are mostly from Kronoby.

kivinen1
07-12-08, 06:49
RE: Anna-Brita, I'm looking at a second marriage AFTER the first. Any thoughts there?

This is re: a Lillsund name, not a Lillsunde name. How common would it have been to have her move to the parental home of her sister-in-law? [or whatever this would make it]

cdahlin
07-12-08, 11:26
Vigd

Gård
Lillsunde

Man
Torparen Anders Johansson

Hustru
Skomakareenkan Anna Brita Henriksdotter Granlund

original - MIKÄ: 70
original - VIKÄ: 46
original - VIHPAIKKA: Kackurs

1 händelser hittades.

June Pelo
07-12-08, 19:11
It's possible. I have an Anders Johansson Lillsunde, b. 25 Oct 1820, Kronoby, d. 6 Nov 1912. He married 27 Dec 1848 Greta Michelsdotter Haga, b. 9 Feb 1821 Kronoby, d. 30 Jan 1890. I have more details on both families. Anders Lillsunde's mother is found in the Caino-Torp book: Brita Mattsdotter Sunde, b. 13 Jul 1792, Kronoby, married to Johan Johansson Slotte, b. 3 Dec 1792, Kronoby. Anders and Greta had a son Leander, b. 1860, whose daughter Irene Sofia, b. 1891, married Anders Albert Alexandersson Överfors, b. 1891. He's part of the Överfors family Kaj was asking about.

June Pelo
07-12-08, 20:00
A check of several databases on Talko shows that Anders Lillsunde did marry a second time to Anna Brita Henriksdotter Spikbacka-Granlund on 14 Dec 1890. It appears that Anders' first wife Greta died 30 Jan 1890.

kivinen1
07-12-08, 20:39
A check of several databases on Talko shows that Anders Lillsunde did marry a second time to Anna Brita Henriksdotter Spikbacka-Granlund on 14 Dec 1890. It appears that Anders' first wife Greta died 30 Jan 1890.
OK June,

So, can anyone fill me in on who this Anders Lillsunde is?

Thank you.:confused:

June Pelo
07-12-08, 20:58
I'll send you an ahnentafel for Anders.

K-G Molander
18-01-09, 06:33
All I have is Wilhelmina's birth record.

Född / Döpt 27.1.1876 30.1.1876
By / Gård Stor
Fader Torp. Matts Gustafsson
Moder Hru. Anna Brita Henriks dr. 32
Barn Wilhelmina
Egen komm.
Original komm. KKSIVU: 104
SIVU: 26
RIVI: 2
SYNTYSRK: Hopsala