PDA

View Full Version : Edit Maria Sudd

bert
02-03-09, 19:53
Hello
I´m searching for Edit Maria Sudd born 02.02.1902 in Kållby Finland.Emigrated to Amerika in 1923.After that I have nothing .Are there some who know anything about if she got married in USA or have family? Everything it´s greatly appreciated.
Bert

Karen Norwillo
02-03-09, 21:06
Bert,
Is there any other surname she could have used? I find no-one with that surname arriving in 1923. Not on Ancestry or Ellis Island records.
Karen

bert
02-03-09, 21:55
Hello Karen
He´s fathers name was Herman so maybe Hermansson could was a chance ? Or Lillkåll?That´s just a thought.
Thank you for trying !
Bert

Karen Norwillo
03-03-09, 16:19
Bert,
Thus far I've found nothing under any of the names. If you think of any other possibilities, let me know. Karen

Denise
19-04-09, 14:25
Hi Bert,
I found an Edit Hermansson, age 23, travelling with her mother, Anna Sved. Hermansson, arriving in Quebec, continuing on to Gladstone, Michigan to husband/father Johan Hermansson. There are 2 pages to this passenger record which I am attaching. Sounds like it may be the correct Edit. :) I'll see what else I can find for you.

Best Regards,
Denise

Denise
19-04-09, 14:35
Hi Bert,
Here is the 1930 Census for John Hermanson and spouse Anna. Edit must have gotten married. I'll check further for her.

Best Regards,
Denise :)

Denise
19-04-09, 16:38
Hi Bert,
Just a thought. On the passenger record it has Anna "Sved", and I'm curious if the Elve M. and John Sved/Swed living next door on the 1930 Census might be Anna and John Hermanson's daughter, Edit. She may have changed her first name up a bit. And, I have found many times that family usually ended up living next door to each other. This Elve states that she was born in Michigan; could that have been a possibility? and then she and her mother Anna came back in 1923? Just a thought! ;)

Sincerely,
Denise

Denise
19-04-09, 16:55
Hi Bert,
I think this passenger record from the Institute of Migration may prove what I wrote in the previous post about Edit living right next door. See below on Anna's traveling partner,"Edit Sved/Hermansson". :D

Best Regards,
Denise

Detailed passenger information
Last name Sved/Hermansson
First names Anna
Age or age group 51
Port of departure Hanko
Place of destination Quebec
State of destination PQ
Country of destination CDN
Price of ticket FIM 4300
Ship from Finland Astraea
Date of departure from Finland 20.06.1923
Ship from England Empress of Scotland
Date of departure from England 27.06.1923
Ocean Line C.P.O.S.
Port of departure in England Southampton
List and page 118/76
Remarks Mk Edit Sved/Hermansson. Vaasa!

Denise
19-04-09, 17:09
Hi Bert,
This may be the death record of spouse John Sved/Swed of Edit. The birthdate is obviously transcribed wrong!

Denise :)

Name: John I Swed
Birth Date: 23 Jul 1993
Death Date: 31 Dec 1983
RESIDENCE: Escanaba, Delta, Michigan
Place of Death: Escanaba, Delta, Michigan