PDA

View Full Version : Mårten Svens, Vörå man who killed his farmhand

diogenes99
18-03-09, 04:22
Hi!

I found a story about Mårten Svens of Vörå, who killed a man in 1821 and bribed his parents not to persecute. I have a couple people with the same name in my ancestry (including one who died in 1828), and I wondered if anyone knows who he was?

http://tinyurl.com/c6of4t

Thanks!

nikus
18-03-09, 12:43
Hej Mike,
I have four Mårten Storkarhu or Svens, but none of them has a BB remark (BB as in brottmålsboken, punishments). I followed the Svens farmers and crofters in the following communion books, but there is till no remark. Thus, I can´t tell which one you are looking for.
The farmhand, who was killed, is not listed on Svens farm. I assume it is Johan Gabriel Nordling, murdered in Rekipeldo village in 1821. He is probably listed on another farm. I´ll let you know, if I find him.
Torbjörn

diogenes99
18-03-09, 14:30
Hej Mike,
I have four Mårten Storkarhu or Svens, but none of them has a BB remark (BB as in brottmålsboken, punishments). I followed the Svens farmers and crofters in the following communion books, but there is till no remark. Thus, I can´t tell which one you are looking for.
The farmhand, who was killed, is not listed on Svens farm. I assume it is Johan Gabriel Nordling, murdered in Rekipeldo village in 1821. He is probably listed on another farm. I´ll let you know, if I find him.
Torbjörn

The story says that proceedings were started, but says nothing about a trial. Svens could have escaped punishment.