PDA

View Full Version : surname Jyrkinen in Kivi Jarvi?

bonita420
08-04-09, 03:44
Hi anyone,
I still haven't found anything on Matti Anderson, born 1878 in Kivi Jarvi. I was told the last name was not Anderson in Finland.,that it was Jorkinen, but maybe I was given the wrong spelling, maybe it is supposed to be Jyrkinen or Jyrkynen. Are there records of people by that surname in Kivi Jarvi?
Thank you in advance and Happy Easter!
Bonita:confused:

kivinen1
08-04-09, 06:15
Bonita,

Are you aware that every time you use that red hand thumbs down symbol it is the same as saying that you disapprove of what you just posted?

Just curious.:D

Denise
08-04-09, 07:58
Hi Bonita,
I looked at the Kivijärvi rippikirja for the years 1875-1879 to find out about Matti Anderson. I believe the name you are searching for would be Jouhinen. But, the disappointing thing was that your Matti Andersson wasn't listed there. I am attaching the two images for you to see from SSHY.
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivut/HisKi-digiarkisto.php?plid=213

Best Regards,
Denise

bonita420
09-04-09, 01:03
:o
Bonita,

Are you aware that every time you use that red hand thumbs down symbol it is the same as saying that you disapprove of what you just posted?

Just curious.:DI'm so sorry! I thought it was a question mark. What can I say, I'm blonde. I guess I won't use that again! LOL

bonita420
09-04-09, 01:09
I'm frustrated, and still trying to find naturalization records. There are so many Matt Andersons I just haven't found the right one. The name in Finland could be Juohonen, no one in the family knows anything and the ones who would know are gone.
Thanks everyone--and I won't use the red thumb again.
Bonita

kivinen1
09-04-09, 04:38
Just a quick but important little correction.

Jouhinen, not the other.