PDA

View Full Version : Karl Ernst & Hjalmar Tiilikkala, Fitchburg

MikkoY.
16-05-09, 13:03
I'm looking for two brothers who moved to the Fitchburg.

Older brother Karl Ernst aka. Kalle Ernesti born 22.4.1884 in Toholampi. He moved to America 20.4.1901 and arrived to Portland 2.5.1901. I know that he moved to his uncle Johan "Juho" Kopsala. Who lived on Fitchburg. I have his day of dead, which is 20.3.1919. But i'm not sure is that day right.

Younger brother Hjalmar aka. Henrik Jalmari born 16.6.1886 in Toholampi. He moved to America 3.4.1907 and arrived to Boston 12.10.1907. He also moved to his uncle Johan Kopsala. I know that he has been worked on weaving mill on year 1910. I have his day of dead, wich is 3.1.1941. And this is have been taked on Raivaaja-newspaper. So it's maybe the right.

These two brother's lastname was begin Tiilikka but it seems to very quickly transformed to Tiilikkala. Karl's and Hjalamar parents were Matti Heikinpoika Tiilikka and Anna Josefiina Juhontytär Tiilikka nee Kopsala.

So i wanna know did these two brother have family and do theys descendants live today. Those two borther's are my Grandfather brothers.

Kerstin
16-05-09, 18:32
Hello!

There is a World War 1 draft regristration card for a Hjalmar Tiilikkala born the 24 of june 1884 in Toholampi Finland. He is living i Fitchburg Massachusetts and he is single. His father is still Living in Finland. He is working in a mill.

Kerstin
16-05-09, 18:46
There is also a Rickard Tilikala arriving from Hango in Finland to Ellis Island in New York on th 4 of july 1904 on the ship Saint Paul from Southampton. He is born in Finland abt 1885. and he is going to Fitchburg Massachusetts , to his brother in law William Wikkala. Is he related to your brothers?

MikkoY.
18-05-09, 09:41
I'm have saw that WW1 registration card and I think that's the same person who I am looking for, because he wrote his lastname "Tiilikka". These two brother's lastname was Tiilikka when they leaved from Finland but some reason their lastname transformed to Tiilikkala and thats why they are not related anyone else Tiilikkala who moved in to America.

Is there more information on Hjalmar WW1 thang. Because I'm very intersting about and that registration card was only thing in Ancestry.com

Kerstin
18-05-09, 13:56
In the cencus of 1910 there is a Hjalmar Tiilikkala living as a boarder in the family of Henry S Asiala in Fitchburg Massachusetts. There is also a 24 year old Konta Tiilikkala living there.Coud that be his brother?

MikkoY.
23-05-09, 11:32
I'm not 100% sure about that Konate because i found once Konate Tiilikkala named person who also moved from Toholampi, Finland. But I haven't found any track that this another Konate have moved to Fitchburg, so it's possible that Kalle's name transformed to Konate...

Karen Norwillo
23-05-09, 15:27
Here are some Tiilikkala images from Fitchburg. On the 1910 Census, you will find an Amanda Kopsala, Herman Tillikka and Konata and Hjalmar Tiillikkala as boarders in several homes. Also found other Tiilikkala in Fitchburg. The date of birth on Hjalmar's WWI Draft card doesn't match, but I copied it. There was also two Hjalmar Mathias Tiilikkala, one born 12 Oct 1889 and one 19 Sep 1895. All seem to be from Toholampi, except the one in 1895, born Fitchburg.