PDA

View Full Version : DNA and the Blankman family

June Pelo
23-06-09, 16:04
This message appeared on Finngen:
I am compiling a descending genealogy on the descendants of Pieter Blankman who lived in Oudesluis, Zijpe, North Holland circa 1565. I have had my Y-Chromosome sequenced and it shows that my deep Haplogroup is N1c1 which is very prominent in Finland. I would like to contact anyone having Blankman ancestry coming through Finland and they can feel free to e-mail me at www.dblank*comcast.net. For example, there was a John Fridolf Gustaffs Blankman, b. 30 April 1882 in Finland, and died 16 March 1925 in Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland and buried at Hietaniemi, Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland, and his brother Goesta Gustafss Blankman, born 17 July 1891. Their father was Gustaf Fridof Blankman, born 15 March 1854 in Vihti, Uusimaa, Finland, and died 12 February 1925 in Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland, whose wife was Hulda. If descendants of these Blankmans are still alive, I would like to contact them. Anyone having an interest in the name Blankman would be welcome. My database now includes over 5,500 individuals with Blankman ancestry and I will share information with interested parties.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Donald W. Blankman
The Villages, Florida

kivinen1
23-06-09, 21:38
It would be helpful if the original poster provided his y-search ID.

As it is, there are no people in the Finland DNA Project that have listed this surname among the N1c1 confirmed or N/N1 "predicted" results.

There are also many people that have not listed an ancestral name at all, apparently thinking they need a bit of anonymity.

I'll be happy to check all N1c1 results to see if there is a match in any of the projects, but I'll need the original poster's results, either in a string of "Family Tree DNA order" or his y-search ID, preferably both.