PDA

View Full Version : Carl Petter Boström Marriage

Denise
09-07-09, 15:46
Hi,
Getting very confused: Was Carl Petter born in Sweden according to his marriage to Maria Lisa Larsdr. Courila? I'm having a difficult time researching this Boström name. :(

Thank-you,
Denise

Alatornio - Nedertorneå - married

* Man's home village: CARL GUSTAF => Carl Gustaf förs:, Carl Gustaf, Carl Gustaf sk:, Carl Gustafs sock iSverige

5.3.1815 18.2.1816 Carl Gustaf Dr: ungk: Carl Petter Boström B:d: Maria Lisa Larsd:r Courila Öf: Vojak:

June Pelo
09-07-09, 21:06
Torneå is the Swedish spelling of Tornio, which is situated on the border between Sweden and Finland. But I'm under the impression that Tornio belongs to Finland - also Alatornio is now part of Tornio.

Reading this, it looks like the man's home village is in Carl Gustaf's congregation/parish in Sweden. förs. is congregation. sock. is parish.
* Man's home village: CARL GUSTAF => Carl Gustaf förs:, Carl Gustaf, Carl Gustaf sk:, Carl Gustafs sock iSverige. I don't know where Maria Lisa Courila is from. Don't know if Vojak is a place? = Maria Lisa Larsd:r Courila Öf: Vojak:

karinh
10-07-09, 10:37
I think that Vojak is Övre Vojakkala. Small villages north of Torneå. On the Swedish and Finnish side.
Found this on Wikipedia about Vojakala.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vojakkala
Karin Högnabba

Denise
10-07-09, 14:02
Hi June and Karin,
Thank-you both for your help on this. It seems the area I am searching is partly Sweden and Finland. I found this article that talks about fishing laws in that area and lists the small villages. I have ancestors on both sides of the Torne River in my father's lineage which makes it very confusing. I keep reading everything on the history and wish there was one site that dealt specifically with that area and the people living there.

Thank-you,
Denise

"Article VI.
Leases of the fisheries specified in Article V (a) shall be offered to the following persons, the
" pata-pato " of Kiviranta for one year and the other fisheries for five consecutive years :
The " pata-pato " of Kiviranta and Sumisaari to the landowners (hemmanscigare-tilalliset)
of the Swedish villages of Mattila, Nedre Vojakkala and Ovre Vojakkala and the Finnish villages
of Kiviranta, Nedre Vojakkala and Ovre Vojakkala (Ala=ja Ylâ-Vojakkala) ;
The " pata " (pato) of Marjosaari, to the landowners of the Swedish villages of Matarengi,
Haapakylâ and Kuivakangas and the Finnish villages of Nârkki, Kuivakangas and Kauliranta ;
Thefisheries (notvarp-nuotta-apajapaikka) of Karungi, to the landowners of the Swedish and
Finnish villages of Karungi ;
The " notvarp " (apajapaikka) of Vitsaniemi, Puittamonsaari and Bockholmen, to the
landowners of the Swedish villages of Vitsaniemi, Pâkkilâ and Koivukylâ, and the Finnish villages
of Kainuukylâ and Armassaari ;
The " notvarp " (apajapaikka) of Laurinhieta, to the landowners of the Swedish village of
Niemis and the Finnish village of .Nuotioranta."