PDA

View Full Version : Swedish translation of words

D J Granlund
28-07-09, 23:21
Thank you in advance for the assistance. I have been stumped by some entries in church records and hope some one will help me out. I have seen in more than one entry of a christening witness' name such as Anders [textluka]. Could textluka mean unreadable? The second word is dersammastedes precedeeded by Abo. The A should have a circle over it but when I try to type any of the codes for the umlauts with a 4 in the code everthing goes screwy. In any event the abo means tenant farmer not Turku. Has anyone solved the code problem for an a with the o above it? The same happens when I try to type the code for the capital form of (142) or the capital form of (154).

Thanks again, David

kivinen1
29-07-09, 03:12
Is it possible that is says this?:

Dioecesis boensis.

Are you reading / seeing handwritten text, printed [as in on a printing press] text or an electronic version of someone's entry?

Ritva Winter
29-07-09, 09:57
Thank you in advance for the assistance. I have been stumped by some entries in church records and hope some one will help me out. I have seen in more than one entry of a christening witness' name such as Anders [textluka]. Could textluka mean unreadable? The second word is dersammastedes precedeeded by Abo. The A should have a circle over it but when I try to type any of the codes for the umlauts with a 4 in the code everthing goes screwy. In any event the abo means tenant farmer not Turku. Has anyone solved the code problem for an a with the o above it? The same happens when I try to type the code for the capital form of (142) or the capital form of (154).

Thanks again, David

'textluka' = textlucka = empty space
'Abo dersammanstedes' = Tenant farmer at/in the same place as mentioned previously.
Rgds/Ritva W

D J Granlund
29-07-09, 16:06
Ritva,
Thank you so much. It make sense now.
David