PDA

View Full Version : Hultgren Karl

Ingemar Ekman
11-08-09, 13:24
I am helping a friend and a distant cousin in Mariehamn and we hope to find information about his grandmother´s brother that emigrated to USA 1905:

Karl Verner Teodor HULTGREN born 7 Aug 1885 in Eckerö, Åland (Ref HISKI)
He applied for passport 1902 (ref http://www.genealogia.fi/emi/krono/indaxe.htm ) and arrived Ellis Island May 1905 ( ref www.ellisislands.org)
According to Social sequrity death index, Karl Hultgren died in July 1974 in Vineland, Cumberland NJ.

We are looking for any information about him.
Thank you in advance,
Ingemar

Denise
11-08-09, 14:37
Hi Ingemar,
This is probably the obituary of Karl Hultgren's son, Carl. I'll see what else I can find on the people listed in the son's obituary.

Best Regards,
Denise

CARL H. HULTGREN, 81
Retired truck driver

Carl H. Hultgren, 81, of Vineland, passed away on Monday afternoon, April 23, 2007 in the South Jersey Healthcare Regional Medical Center, Vineland after being in failing health.

Carl was born in Queens, N.Y., raised in South Vineland and was a longtime city resident. He was the son of the late Hilma (Grosshohn) and Karl W. Hultgren. Before retiring, Carl was employed as a truck driver for Kowasky Express Trucking Co. in Millville. He was a lifelong member of the Teamsters Union. After retiring, Carl enjoyed driving a bus for the City of Vineland Board of Education. He was a motor machinists mate in the U.S. Navy during WWII. He was a member of the South Vineland Fire Company No. 2 and a member of the New Jersey State Fireman's Exempt Association.

Survived by one son, Glenn Hultgren of Vineland; one granddaughter, Alexandra Leigh Hultgren of Gibbsboro; one sister, Eleanor Lombardo of Vineland; and his former wife and friend, Betty Hultgren of Vineland; as well as several nieces and nephews.

A memorial funeral service will be conducted at 8 p.m. on Thursday at the Pancoast Funeral Home, 676 S. Main Road, Vineland, where relatives and friends will be received from 7 to 8 p.m. Cremation and inurnment will be private in the Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Va.

For those who wish, memorial contributions may be made to the South Vineland Fire Company No. 2, P.O. Box 2203, Vineland, NJ 08362-2203.

Denise
11-08-09, 14:43
Hi Ingemar,
Here is Karl Haltgren's WW1 Draft Registration card listing Hilma as his spouse.

Best Regards,
Denise

Denise
11-08-09, 14:53
Hi Ingemar,
It appears that Karl used the first name Werner in the U.S. Here is the 1930 Census on him.

Best Regards,
Denise

Ingemar Ekman
11-08-09, 23:12
Hi Denise,
Thank you very much for all the information you sent!
Best regards,
Ingemar

Ingemar Ekman
05-09-09, 13:33
Karl W. L Hultgren 29 year old from Mariehamn and Hilma Eleonora Grönholm 27years old fromJomala were married in the Finnish Seamens church 24th of April 1915 (The 3rd couple on enclosed jpg-file (marriages between 17 Apr-14May 1915)
I have scanned all marriages between 1893 -1916 in this church from the microfilmed records stored at the The Provincial Archives of Åland in Mariehamn.

Best regards,
Ingemar