PDA

View Full Version : Best Brownies

June Pelo
27-08-09, 16:52
There's a local woman here who is famous for the past 50 years for her brownies, and at bake sales people will pay any price to buy a pan of them. She finally revealed her secret - she said it's in the icing. Bake brownies, using a mix or any recipe. Then make this icing:
Melt a half stick of oleo and mix in 3 cups powdered sugar, 4 tbsp. cocoa powder, 4 tbsp. liquid coffee (instant or leftover), and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix and frost the warm brownies.

I think this icing is the same as what my cousin puts on her Texas Sheet Cake - and it is out of this world... :)

Denise
28-08-09, 00:02
Hi June,
I just happen to be making a batch of brownies to bring to a friend's house this evening that invited us to dinner! So, I am trying out your frosting recipe! It looks yummy! :D
Thank-you for passing the recipe along!
Denise

June Pelo
28-08-09, 00:35
Denise,

Wish you could save a piece of it for me!!

Denise
28-08-09, 05:11
Hi June,
Your brownie frosting recipe was a huge hit with everyone tonight at dinner; "to die for!" was one comment! :D I saved you one...come and visit me! :D

Best Regards,
Denise

June Pelo
28-08-09, 16:28
Denise,

Wish I could see you, but from what I hear from relatives living up that way, you're having cold weather and the furnace is on... :(

Denise
28-08-09, 17:37
Hi June,
Your relatives are right...but I refuse to put my furnace on; in fact I have the windows open! I'm not a sissy! :D But I am going to put a fire going in my sauna to enjoy tonight! Can you make it here this evening? I still have brownies!:p

Love,
Denise

June Pelo
28-08-09, 21:11
I'm afraid I can't make it - with the temp at 56 in Fenton and 40 in Oscoda, I wouldn't face that cold even for a brownie!