PDA

View Full Version : Emil Johnson [Emil Nikupeteri] 1926 - 2009 additional help sought

kivinen1
11-10-09, 21:05
Trying to help find a family in Finland in their search for relatives of Emil Johnson ( Emil Nikupeteri ) 1926 - 2009 and siblings Olli and Hilda.

Here is the request from forum member Arto. He has sent this because of an obituary that I had posted earlier this year. See obituary at bottom of this posting. I have contacted the "step" children, but have not had any luck with more information as they did not know much.

Arto says: I never met Emil, but i know we are related.

Emil had two siblings Olli ja Hilda. This means they have same parents. Armas Arthur Johnson (Nikupeteri) father and Aina Johanna Haapaniemi mother. Armas Arthur Nikupeteri changed his surname to Johnson when he migrated to USA in 1906.

Olli has passed away about 1980 and it seems that Hilda has also passed away. Please, see attached information

HILDA STRATFORD

Mrs. Stratford, 76, died Aug. 30, 2001, in Caon City. (Colorado)

Mrs. Stratford was born Sept. 14, 1924, in Brush Prairie, Wash., to Armas and Johana Johnson, who are deceased. She was married to Robert L. Stratford.

She is survived by her husband; a daughter, Becky (Pennington) St. Germaine; a brother, Emil Johnson; and two grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a brother, Ollie Johnson.

Holt Family Funeral Home, Caon City, (Colorado) (719) 275-4113, handled arrangements

We have found Olli's son and grand daugher Julia Johnson. Julia lives in Seattle, USA and we have sent some emails.

Olli and Hilda visited Finland but we don't know anything about Emil and his family.

We would be very glad if we'll find Emil's family members and to be contacted them.

We would like to find Emil's sister's Hilda family too. Hilda has at least one daughter, Becky.

Ilmari, could you help me to find them, please. It is so difficult to find a good starting point.

My email-address is [available via PM, I, Ilmari have it] and you can give this address to Emil's family members.

I you want to you can telephone Emil's children and ask them information.

Emil Johnson (Emil Nikupeteri) 1926 - 2009

EMIL JOHNSON 16 September 1926 - 21 May 2009

Emil Johnson of Vancouver, WA passed away on 21 May 2009. He was born on 16 Sept. 1926 to Armas Arthur Nikupeteri and Aina Johanna Haapanieimi.

Emil was a veteran of World War II.

He enjoyed dancing, fishing, reading, traveling, playing games, learning Finnish and spending time with his family.

Emal was a member of the Hockinson Finnish Lodge [U.F.K.B. & S.] * , The American Legion and the Elks Club.

Emil is survived by his wife of six months, Margaret Harlow Johnson; his children, Jim Slothower, Jack Slothower, Angela Decker, Randy Johnson, Jeffrey Johnson; nine grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.

He was preceded in death by his first wife of 55 years, Mary Johnson; brother, Olli; and sister, Hilda.

Memorial services will be held on Wednesday 27 May 2009 at 12:30 p.m. at Evergreen Memorial Gardens, Vancouver, WA.

Donations may be sent to Ray Hickey House in Vancouver, WA.

Please sign his guest book at: columbian.com/obits