PDA

View Full Version : Hautala Family from Karvia to USA

Gunnel
11-12-09, 21:24
Hi!

Could anyone help me with the following family:

Wilhelm Hautala b. 30.3.1880in Karvia Finland and his wife Hilma Makitalo b. 7.9.1880.

Children:
Jenny b. 1909
Veera b. 1912
Harvey b. 1914
Ervin b. 1917

Wilhelm went to America alone 7.4.1909 and his wife anf the oldest daughter Jenny 21.6.1911.

I suppose the three other children are borned in USA.

I know that Wilhelm died in Oregon in 1956 and his wife also in Oregon in 1957.Does anybody know what happen to the children. If this is the right family I am looking for, at least Ervin came back to Finland. But when?

I would be very greatful for any help.

Gunnel Marus

Denise
12-12-09, 19:45
Hi Gunnel,
On LDS (family search) there is a marriage and death record for Veera Hautala with the submitter's name to contact. Maybe he could help you further with the family. I have found his telephone number and complete address with zip code which I will private message to you.

Best Regards,
Denise :)

Vera Hautala Compact Disc #22 Pin #567107 Pedigree
Sex: F
Event(s)
Birth: 30 Dec 1912
Douglas,Alaska
Death: 23 Jun 1994
Cottage Grove,Lane,Oregon
Parents
Father: William Hautala Disc #22 Pin #567149
Mother: Hilma Makitalo Disc #22 Pin #567150
Marriage(s)
Spouse:
Marriage:

Spouse:
Marriage: 5 Oct 1940
Longview,Washington
Notes and Sources
Notes: None
Sources: None
Submitter
Deon MOORE
2642 N 4000 W Rexburg, ID
Submission Search: 1112432-1130100195440

Denise
12-12-09, 19:54
Hi Gunnel,
I just telephoned Deon Moore in Idaho, and left a message on his answering machine to return my call. I'll get back to you when I hear from him.

Best regards,
Denise

Gunnel
13-12-09, 10:28
Hi Denise

Thank you so much for helping me in this matter. I would appreciate if you could speek to Deon Moore, my english is not good enough for a call:D

best regards
Gunnel M

Denise
14-12-09, 04:30
Hi Gunnel,
Deon never returned my phone call...:( Sorry. I guess the next best thing would be by snail mail as I see no email address for him.

Best Regards,
Denise

Gunnel
14-12-09, 08:39
Hi Denise

Yes, let us do so. Shall I write, or could you pls do it for me? You should know that I am very greatful for your help.

best regards,
Gunnel

Denise
15-12-09, 02:40
Hi Gunnel,
I will send a note out to Deon tomorrow. would you be so kind to private message me with your email address, or postal address in case he wishes to contact you?

Best Regards,
Denise

Denise
20-01-10, 21:08
Hi Gunnel,
FINALLY heard back from Deon Moore on your Vera Hautala. I hope he can add more to the information. Just got his email! :D

Best Regards,
Denise

Denise;

Sorry to be so long replying to your letter and phone call. I had hip replacement surgery in December and have been rather slow to heal.

I'm afraid I don't have any other information on Vera except as I'm sure you saw her husband Ralph Rundle Poore. He was my grandmothers brother and he passed away 5 June 2001. I did not know him very well, but I'm sure they had children together. Somewhere I have come up with a son named Michael Jon Poore, born 21 Feb 1947 in Longview, Cowlitz, Washington. I don't know this person, whether dead or alive or have any residence info. I'm not sure where the name came from.

I do know that Vilhelm Hautala came to America from Karvia, Finland on 23 April 1909 aboard the "Adriatic" Which sailed from Southampton (I assume England) to New York and he was listed as being married.

I will check with my aunt to see if she has any info on Veras' and Ralphs' children. I'll let you know.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely, Deon Moore

Denise
20-01-10, 21:19
Hi Gunnel,
I no longer have a subscription for Ancestry.com but maybe someone that does can try to find this Michael Jon Poore in Washington State. I tried whitepages.com but came up with nothing.

Sorry,
Denise

Denise
20-01-10, 21:36
Gunnel,
Just thought I would post Vilhelm Hautala's passenger record from the Institute of Migration.

Denise :)

Detailed passenger information
Last name Hautala
First names Vilhelm
Age or age group 29
Port of departure Hanko
Place of destination New York
State of destination NY
Country of destination USA
Price of ticket FIM 235
Ship from Finland Polaris
Date of departure from Finland 07.04.1909
Ship from England Adriatic
Date of departure from England 14.04.1909
Ocean Line White Star Line
Port of departure in England Southampton
List and page 72/87
Remarks Pori!

kivinen1
21-01-10, 00:27
Hi Gunnel,
I no longer have a subscription for Ancestry.com but maybe someone that does can try to find this Michael Jon Poore in Washington State. I tried whitepages.com but came up with nothing.

Sorry,
Denise
In the Washington State Digital Archives:

I see a Michael David Poore that was married in Pierce County [Tacoma area] in 1992.

I also see a Michael R. Poore that passed away in 1996 in Seattle. He was born in 1954.

Gunnel
27-01-10, 10:34
Thank you all for your help!!

regards,
Gunnel

shautala
27-05-10, 16:51
Gunnel,

Wilhelm Hautala is my grandfather. He was in the gold rush after immigrating, and settled near Juneau, after returning home to marry Hilma. Your info for the first 3 children is correct. The 4th (b. 1917) was William. Ervi is a name that Harvey went by when young. See: 1920 Alaska census, Juneau.

In about 1922, they moved to a farm near Quincy, OR. See: 1930 Columbia Co census. None returned to live in Finland. Jenny (later, Genevieve) moved to Hawaii and died in 1990. For Veera (Vera) you have correct info, with 1 son (living, I think). Harvey is living. He has 3 children (1 adopted). William became a pilot, and died in a crash in 1944 (See: The Alaska Sportsman, April).

Susan Hautala