PDA

View Full Version : Terjarv families question

LoriAnn Pawlik
21-12-09, 04:15
Hi friends,
I am jumping back to studying more of my Swedish-Finn side after spending some time with my Dutch side and found a new puzzle.

The names involved are Sagslampi, Sandvik, Sta(h)l, Lillrank and Kortjarvi. I need to learn how to use the dots above the letters, so sorry.

Anyway, I have seen that Johan Olofsson Sagslampi b. 1730, son of Olof Andersson Sagslampi Hastbacka and Anna Johansdr. Keurkall, married in 1751 to Karin (Carin) Nilsdotter Sandvik b. 17 Dec. 1732, daughter of Nils Hansson Sandvik Stahl and Brita Johansdotter Kortijarvi.

Now, the trouble I have is from seeing a website tonight that lists the Descendants of Anders Jonsson Lillrank from a book called Slakten Lassas i Terjarv. It lists this particular daughter of Nils and Brita as born on the same date but given the name of Malin Nilsdotter Stal.

I know the surnames were mixed with regards to the farm, but the names Karin and Malin? Were these girls perhaps twins? The book does not list any descendants from her, nor marriages, which may be because that name is incorrect. What do you think and can anyone help clarify this?

Karin (Carin)/Malin is one of my ancestral Grandmothers.
Thank you & Happy Holidays,
LoriAnn Pawlik

June Pelo
21-12-09, 15:37
I think Hasse Andtbacka has knowledge of the book about the Lassas family. If I was home I'd look up these names, but I'm away and don't have access to my database.